Ch15- the consequence

Tick.Tock.Tic.Tock.

Went the obnoxious sound of the camp directors clock. It hung among the red wall paper of her office. Everything was still red.

"If she isn't here in five minutes I'm leaving." Caden says. He spun around in the rolley chair next to me.

"If you hadn't done what you done, we wouldn't be here right now." I roll my eyes in absolute infuriation for him.

He stops spinning and turns to me with a grin.

"But you were in on it too." He says trying to prove something that was clearly not how I remember it. I mean of course I came along but he made me. I swear I took no part in what the boys did that night.

"Excuse me but—"

"Your excused madam." Caden chuckles like it's a game.

I was about to punch him hard in the chest until I hear the loud clicks of the directors high heels on the other side of the wall. She opens the door and closes it behind her. Me and Caden both stare at her quietly observing every move she made.

"Well hello to you two." Lindsey the director sits down in her chair. It's very quite for another few seconds. Then Lindsey awkwardly starts tapping her long red fingernails on her desk in a slow rhythm. She then averts her eyes from me to Caden as if she were indecisive on who to speak to first.

"Why am I here." Caden finally breaks silence.

"Oh you know why your here Caden," Lindsey leans over and straightens her back, "You must think I'm stupid to not realize you both were in on the whole TP situation. It was very obvious when you two had that argument this morning. And Skylar, props on you for trying to save yourself from the trouble with giving me a lie."

She looked at me, her eyes full of fire.
I gulped and my heart pounded faster then it could ever. The volume of it was on full blast and I gripped the edges of my chair hoping they wouldn't hear my heartbeat. Even though that would be physically impossible, what would I know.

"Fine. I confess.."  I slowly say. Quickly trying to make up another lie so all of this could be over and I can escape the anxiety I was feeling.

I turn to Caden and he gives me a look of empathy.

"I covered the counselors cabin with toilet paper and put that snake in their cabin all by myself." I tell Lindsey with confidence.

Lindsey shakes her head and let's out a laugh that sounded like the evil witch from 'The Wizard of Oz".

"Like I'm gonna believe that. Just tell me the truth and you both will be free to go." She says.

Caden clears his throat and says, "Well I told a few guys to meet me inside my cabin right at midnight. And they did and we thought it would be a fun idea to TP a bunch of cabins. Then Skylar showed up and we dragged her into all of it. It was all my fault. I even found the snake out in the forest and took as many toilet paper rolls I could find. So blame me because that's the truth."

Lindsey applauds Caden's confession and adjusts her glasses.

"From now on, I don't want you or Skylar speaking to each other. I will make sure to tell the counselors."