Ch18- different paths

author update: THANK YOU ALL FOR 8k READS. I'm so thankful you all stuck around after my crazy late chapter publishes. I've been dealing with stuff for a few months and I'm healing and getting better.
You guys are literally awesome and I'm so sad this book is ending soon. Should I create another one? If so, what would you like to read from me? Anyways enough of me typing.

On to what all of you been wanting, a new chapter. <3

I stare at the top bunk blankly, trying to envision myself in my all pink girly room back in New York. Where life was basic and full of drama. Drama between friends and family. It's sad to know I'll fall right back into that life in a couple of days.

And what's gonna happen to me and Caden? We'll be miles apart. We'll start with phone calls then text. What if we lead up to nothing? Is it possible that we may never speak again?

"What's today's activity?" I hear Brandon say in the back of my mind.

He repeats himself, "Whats today's activity?"

"A walk through the forest."

"That's never fun." His voice became low.

"Why?"

"The bugs are assholes and every year there's usually a big or small fight. It gets old."

-

"Okay I need everyone to stick together and not wander off. Please for the love of god, follow these simple instructions." The scrawny counselor begs like a child.

"Okay Mom." Someone shouts.

The scrawny counselor keeps a poker face. But I could tell just by looking in his eyes that he was already infuriated.

"Well, follow me." The counselor says leading us into the part of the forest that had a man made pathway.

"Hey princess." Liam appears right next to me along with Damon.

"What do you two want now?" I say flatly, trying to show no interest in them what so ever. But of course they didn't take the hint.

"I'm just trying to socialize here." Liam smirks at me.

"Well I don't wanna socialize with you two."

"Come on you love us." Liam leans in as if he were about to kiss me. But I shove his face away. I really want to punch him, like now.

"Why are you always so grumpy?" Damon asks me.

"Just quit talking to me please." I sigh knowing there's nothing else I could do.

"Okay campers! If you look to the right there's a creek. So please be careful and don't fall in because it wouldn't be pretty. It'd be embarrassing." A counselor shouts.

And just right after he said that I suddenly feel my self jerk forward. I was just about to fall into the creek when someone grabbed my arm. I turn to look and it was Liam who saved me from the fall. He proceeds to pull me towards his chest.

Then whispers, "Oh Skylar, you have to be careful." .

I slap his shoulder, "Let go of me."

I stumble back from him and continue to walk with the crowd. But he didn't give up on me. He was right by my side again.

"You are a stubborn brat Skylar." Liam tells me.

"Okay, well I enjoy being one." I argue.