Chapter 43

"We have to save her, Ryder," Everest said while looking at the ditch and back at him.

"I know but we have to be careful. The ledge isn't that stable. I can't put either of you or the pups close to it or it'll bring you down with them." Ryder said looking at Hendry who was looking at the ledge.

"Maybe there some ledges that are stable," Hendry said looking at his boyfriend.

"Yeah, but how can we tell," Rubble asked.

"With you Rubble. We're gonna use your drill to make a hole and see if it's stable or not." Hendry said looking at Rubble who still looked confused. "Well see if the hole will cause the ledge to crumble or not."

"Hopefully this ditch isn't connected to the ocean or any water," Marshall said looking at the pups.

"Okay, let's get started," Everest said pushing Rubble.

Rubble jumps on his Digg'n Bulldozer and made it turn to the back and getting a little closer to the ledge and stretching his drill to the ledge and making a hole. He was doing this around the ledges that were close to Mayor Goodway and Skye. Finally, they found a ledge capable of holding their weight without crumbling down. Ryder and Hendry smiled and walk to the ledge and smile when they saw Skye okay including Mayor Goodway. Chickaletta was just pecking the floor and cluck when she found some little food.

"Hello up there!" Mayor Goodway smiled.

"Don't worry Mayor! We're on our way!!" Ryder said smiling.

They got everything ready but Hendry steps in and smile.

"I rather, be the one in the danger zone. You stay here." Hendry said smiling at Ryder who looked worried but nods.

"Just please be careful," Ryder said kissing Hendry who smiled and nod.

Hendry put on a helmet and went down the ditch carefully and hold on to the rope. He started jumping down carefully while Ryder and Rocky were watching. He keeps jumping and smiled when he finally touch the ground and raise a brow seeing little water inside the ditch. He kneels down and brought some water up smelling it to only smell ocean water. He curses and went to the Mayor and Skye who smiled.

"Okay, Skye come on. You two Mayor and chicken." Hendry said and sighed when Chickaletta flew on top of his head and sat down.

"Take Skye and Chickaletta first. Their lives are important." Mayor Goodway said making Hendry look at her and sigh.

"Okay, I'll be back as fast as I can," Hendry said and went back to the rope and connect himself with it.

Ryder smiled and told Chase to pull in the rope making Chase nod and press the button. The rope was pulling them up while Hendry was holding tightly on Skye while Chickaletta was just sitting. They were getting close to the ledge when Chickelatte flew up to the top and ran to Rubble who chuckle. Hendry pulled himself up and laid Skye down. Marshall went to his friend with Everest and check his injury and smile. 

"It's not that serious," Marshall said wagging his tail.

"Thank goodness." Everest and Ryder sighed.

"Alright. Gotta get the Mayor. Brb." Hendry said and jump down making Ryder and Rubble gasp.

"Hendry!" Ryder shouted and glare at his lover who smirks and winks at him.

He got to the floor and frown. The water rises higher. It was up to his knees and he looked at Mayor Goodway who was trying to stand on a rock.

"Hendry! Water is somehow getting in here!" She screams.

"I can see that!" Hendry said disconnecting himself and ran to the Mayor. 

Ryder smiled when he put Skye next to Everest and looked up when he heard someone running to them and raise a brow to see it was Captain Turbot. He stops taking a deep breath and ran to Ryder.

"Ryder! Whose inside that DITCH!!!" Captain Turbot said.

"Uh, Hendry. He's rescuing Mayor Goodway down there. Why?" Ryder said.

"Because the ditch is gonna be filled with water soon!! We need to get them out of there." Captain Turbot said.

Ryder's eyes went wide and ran to the ledge. Hendry got to the Mayor and help her down and gasp when the water started rising higher. Mayor Goodway gasp and jump into Hendry's arms making him groan. Take goodness he was pulling weights. He looked down to see the water up to his waist now.

"Fuck!" Hendry said and walk as fast as possible to the rope while carrying Goodway. 

Ryder looked around in a panic. He gasps when he saw how high the water was and how Hendry manage to get to rope carrying Goodway. Hendry put her down and grab the rope and connect her first.

"What about you!?" Mayor Goodway said.

"The rope can't carry two people. Go!" Hendry screams to Ryder who looked afraid.

Rocky told his mate to pull up fast and Chase looked confused and nod. The rope was pulling Mayor Goodway up but Ryder wasn't watching her, he was watching Hendry who was looking at Mayor Goodway. He then looked at Ryder and smiled softly and whisper out that he was gonna be okay. Ryder nod and saw Mayor Goodway at the edge already and quickly help her up. He quickly took off the harness and toss it back down telling Chase to lower it fast. Captain Turbot help the Mayor up and walk her to where Skye was. Hendry gasp when the water finally went up to his chest and he started to float. He gasp when a blast of water started coming out where the water was coming from. Ryder eyes went wide and saw the water going around crazy. It was pulling out some branches, rocks, and logs around making it hard to swim in.  Hendry grabs the harness fast and just held on it tight.

"GO!!" Hendry screamed.

Chase press the button to pull Hendry in fast and he jumps off his car to watch. Ryder watches as the water was going to Hendry fast and gasp in horror when the water swallows him up.

"Hendry!!" Ryder screamed sticking his hand out.

Chase growls and ran to his car and drove the car into reverse pulling the rope with it. Ryder watches Chase and smiled when he saw Hendry pulled out the water and finally coming to the ledge. Ryder grabs him and pull him up quickly and push himself back from the ledge. Everyone ran away from the ditch and quickly went to higher grounds and were finally out of the way when the water started to make a new lake. Ryder looked at Hendry who was not breathing making him tremble and push on Hendry's chest. He was about to do CPR on him but gasp when Hendry gasp and puke out some dirty water. He then started to cough while taking deep breaths. He smiled and looked at Ryder.

"I told you it'll be okay." Hendry chuckles.