Chapter 54

Ella was stitching up her son's arm while he groaned in so much pain.

"You do know I can just make you sleep so you won't feel the pain honey or make your arm num," Ella said.

"N-No...I rather feel the pain..." Hendry looked down sadly.

Ella sighed knowing her son was punishing himself with the pain. To her, Hendry looked terrible and tired. He hadn't gotten any sleep at all. He couldn't even sleep without knowing if his father was around or not. This was affecting him badly. He had dark circles under his eyes, and he just looked tired. Ella tried making him sleep but couldn't because his father keeps using him for things.

"A-At least they brought, Steve, he stopped me." Hendry smiled.

"What, Thunder's dad is there now," Ella said looking at her son shock.

"Y-Yeah, m-mom..." Hendry said tiredly and fainted from exhaustion and pain.

Ella gasp and caught her baby boy looking down sadly at him seeing that he was only sleeping but gasp when he woke up groaning in pain. She glares at her husband and stood up looking at him.

"Humdinger, can you at least let him sleep!! Our son needs sleep for crying out loud!!" Ella said glaring at her husband.

"Oh, please. This boy can stay up as long as I want him too. Right, Hendry." Mayor Humdinger pressed the button again making Hendry cry in pain.

Hendry couldn't handle it anymore. The pain was too much to bear. All he wanted to do was rest somewhere safe. Like in Adventure Bay. In the Lookout. Sleeping on a comfortable bed with Ryder holding him close. Keeping him warm and safe while he's hugging Ryder close and feeling their baby girl moving around. Hendry sob while closing his eyes letting the tears fall.

"See, tears of joy. Now would you excuse me? I have a plan to start." Mayor Humdinger said grabbing Hendry on his injured arm and taking him to his HQ.

~Lookout~

The pups looked at Thunder's dad, Steve, in amazement. Thunder smiled but looked at Ryder who was hugging himself. After what happened yesterday they were now keeping watch on Ryder. Lucky, they receive a call from Starylnn that they have finished the device and that they were gonna show it to them once they got here.

"Don't worry. Well, get him back. For now, keep calm for the baby." Joshua said softly.

Ryder smiled and nodded his head putting his hand on his belly. Everyone looked up when they saw Starlynn and Moka-san return but smiling.

"We have finished! This will destroy the device inside Hendry! Setting him free from Mayor Humdinger's control!" Starlynn said happily.

"That's great! But will it cause harm to my brother?" Stacy said worriedly.

"No, I will only cause him to throw up but besides that nothing more. The device will turn into dust for the white cells to attack and eliminate them." Starlynn said happily. "But you must get close to him, like in front of him for it to work."

Starlynn explained while handing it to Stacy who nods. Joshua looked at Ryder and thought about it carefully and nod.

"Why don't you give it to, Ryder. Knowing Mayor Humdinger, he'll make Hendry attack Ryder first." Joshua said making Stacy nod.

She handed the medium size machine to him and he smiled nodding his head. Starlynn nod and left the Lookout with Moka-san who wish them luck. After they left Ryder's pup pad ringed making Ryder answer it. 

"Ryder help!! Mayor Humdinger is attacking City Hall!! He also has Hendry here!!" Mayor Goodway shouted making Ryder look at her worried.

Stacy grabs the pad and told the mayor that they're on their way. She hung up and Ryder told her and Joshua to be careful. Stacy smirk and ran with the pups were they knew where to go. Joshua was about to go but stop and looked at Steve.

"Steve stay here and protect Ryder. You two Thunder." Joshua smiled rubbing Thunder's head.

They both nod and Joshua ran after his lover and pups. Once they were gone Ryder looked out the window seeing them leave. He looked back when he felt Thunder rubbing his face on Ryder's leg.

"Dad said to say away from the window. Just in case Hendry smashes through." Thunder smiled sheepishly.

"Okay." Ryder smiled softly.

~City Hall~

"WHAT IS THE MEANING TO THIS, MAYOR HUMDINGER!!!" Mayor Goodway screams while she was tied up in ropes.

Hendry looked at her and looked at his dad seeing him smirk and nod his head at him. He nods and ran to his motorcycle and drove away when they heard Chase's sirens. Mayor Humdinger laughed and looked at Goodway. 

"They left Ryder alone. That was my plan!" Mayor Humdinger laughed. 

"W-What!!! You better not hurt Ryder!! He has a child inside him!" Mayor Goodway shouted angrily.

"Oh, I know and I want that child dead!! It has Ryder's blood in it! So Hendry is gonna kill him." Mayor Humdinger smirk giving the remote to the police kitty. "Go after Hendry and make sure he finishes the job."

The kitty laughed and ran to the Lookout. Mayor Goodway gasp but smiled when she saw the paw patrol. Mayor Humdinger smirk and looked at the other kitties who chuckled and went to hide. What the pups, Stacy, and Joshua didn't know was that Humdinger set up traps. Stacy got off and glare at her father seeing him holding Mayor Goodway hostage but she couldn't find Hendry. Marshall frowns while sniffing the floor trying to find the kitties but gasp when he was wet by water making him crash into Skye who gasps and they fell inside a cage. Stacy gasp and ran to them but scream when she was caught in the electric net. Joshua gasp and looked at the other pups seeing Rubble, and Zuma inside a net hanging on the tree, but Rocky and Chase ran back to Joshua.

"It's a trap!" Chase growled.

"Then well have to outsmart them!" Joshua said looking at the Lookout knowing Hendry went there.

~Lookout~

"How the baby?" Steve asked looking at the movement of the belly amazed.

"Hahaa well she's moving but besides that she okay." Ryder smiled.

Steve nod but stood up when he heard Hendry's motorcycle, including Thunder. Ryder looked at them confused but looked up when the nose of the motorcycle got close enough for him to hear.

"I-It's Hendry..." Ryder said standing up too.