Chapter 1

"When I was, a young boy, my father, he took me to the city-"

Nico blushed. His classmates turned to stare at the odd emo in the back of the room, snickering at Will's poor rendition of the Black Parade. His music talent was passable but Nico enjoyed it nonetheless. Pulling his phone from his pocket, Nico noticed that the caller ID belonged to Will. That was odd, Will never wanted to risk monsters tracking down his cell signal.

"Mr. Rosenstein? Could I take this outside?"

Mr. Rosenstein, who typically had a cheery nature, smiled. "Well, Mr. Di Angelo, if you're going to interrupt the class, don't leave us hanging. Answer here and put it on speaker."

Turning a rosier shade of crimson, Nico nodded and accepted the call, putting it on speaker.

"Ok Will, I have you on speaker in class so don't-"

"YOU GOT IN, DEATH BOY!"

The entire class winced as Will split their eardrums open.

"Will, what are you talking about?"

"You're coming to New Rome University in the Fall!"

Nico's jaw dropped. "Seriously?"

"Don't act surprised, you've known you were going here since you were 14." Will teased.

"I thought someone would vote against me, no one actually likes me there."

"As long as Reyna and Frank are in charge, you don't have to worry about anybody hating you. I mean, Jason would electrocute them, then Percy would drown them, and then Leo would set them on fire, and Hazel would run them over, followed by-"

"I get it, everyone is overprotective but I think they're more in danger of you than anyone else."

"I think you mean your dad. The earth would probably open up and swallow them whole if anyone dared speak badly of you."

"And I think you're overestimating how good of a father he actually is." Nico chuckled, preparing to remind Will of everything that Hades had put him through before realizing that every face in the room was still turned toward him.

"Hey, nice of you to let me know but I've got to go. I think I have to explain some things."

"Ok, Sunshine, you do you but I'mcomingtoGoodetomakesureyoudon'tdiebecauseyoumighthaveatargetonyourbacknow anditsdoctor'sordersHAVEFUN." Will hung up, leaving Nico to decipher his last words.

The class was silent as Nico's brain scrambled to piece the sentence together.

"Mr. Di Angelo, would you like to explain what happened?"

Nico shook his head. "I don't actually know."

Watcha think? Good? Bad? I don't know. I haven't found too many quality Solangelo School Fanfics and decided to write my own. I don't think it's very good but I'm hoping it'll develop into a good story.