Chapter 10.5

This is a complete AU, no correlation whatsoever with New Rome nor canonical Percy Jackson. All information and characters are taken directly from the PJO universe but nothing here impacts this fanfic or the series. Oh! And it's NM (No Mist).

"So, you're really a Nereid?" Nico raised an eyebrow.

Frowning, Calypso nodded. "What's so hard to believe? My mother was Pleione, an Oceanid."

Now Annabeth frowned. "Wasn't that Zoe's mother?"

"Who's Zoe?" Queried Calypso.

Leo laughed. "This is just a rabbit hole, isn't it."

He wrapped an arm around Calypso's shoulder.

Before Annabeth could inform Calypso of her sister's existence (See Note at bottom of the page for more info), the intercom blared to life.

"Students, please report to the auditorium for a surprise assembly." Nico, Annabeth, Leo, and Calypso had chosen to complete school after the Giant War. Since they could attend New Rome without having to, it was pure choice. Well, on certain fronts at least. Annabeth wanted her high school diploma and Calypso wanted a high school experience. Meanwhile, Nico was forced by his father who wished to acclimate his son to modern society and Leo was just a supportive boyfriend who wanted to help out Calypso.

"Wonder what that's about." Charlize smiled as she, Caitlin, and Spencer plopped down beside the four.

"I heard that the gods are going around the country to all the schools that the Seven of the Prophecy and their friends attend to collect them." Caitlin's eyes shone. "I wonder who it is."

"I wonder." Muttered Nico.

They'd done a good job hiding their true identities from their school friends and the school in general.

"According to the news, so far they've picked up two guys and girl from New York named Percy, Will, and Rachel and a couple from Berkeley called Frank and Hazel. They already had three demigods with them, Jason, Piper, and Thalia when they began the victory tour." Recounted Spencer's photographic memory.

All seven of them got up to follow the crowd into the auditorium. As they took a seat in the eighth row, a spotlight lit up the stage and silence fell over the students.

In an extremely dramatic fashion, animals flooded into the room, rushing down between the aisles and from backstage. An eagle swooped down from the rafters, a horse charged in from an exit door, an owl on its tail. A cow came in from the right, followed by a pig, and a snake. Next was a wolf being chased by a doe. Finally, there was a dove, a dog, and donkey. The wave of animals was brought to a close by Hades who didn't bother to transform, even rolling his eyes at his family's antics as he nonchalantly strolled down to the stage.

The crowd was in awe as a plethora of gods and goddesses appeared in their school, breaking into applause. Although, Leo wasn't sure if it was out of true wonderment or fear.

The principal attempted to offer Zeus a microphone but he declined. "Greetings, mortals! We are the twelve Olympians of the myths! As you may already know, the barrier formerly keeping our worlds separate, known as the mist, had fallen. And so, we sent all of our children to school because the camps they used to go to were no longer completely safe. The most powerful of them, known as the seven, joined them. Now, we are collecting them from their schools around the country and I would like to introduce you to them now!" Zeus was a natural presenter, with a loud, booming voice and shiny smile.

"First up, the main subject of two prophecies, two-time savior of Olympus, denier of immortality for his girlfriend and my son, meet Perseus Jackson!" Poseidon grinned, gesturing dramatically as his son awkwardly stepped onto the stage.