Chapter 13

This is kinda just a filler chapter, literally nothing of pertinence occurs. Just a break. Oh, and I dive a little into Nico's psychological issues. But that's not anything new for me, is it. Eventually I'll reveal Will's disturbances but, for now, let's cover Nico.

"Cleaning the window! Painting! Scrubbing dishes! Uhm..." Will guessed frantically as Nico swung his hands wildly.

"Times up." Smiled Annabeth cheerfully as the last grain of sand in the hourglass fell.

"What the fuuuunnel cake was that?" Will asked, censoring himself when he made eye contact with Sally.

"Disco!" Nico put his hands on his waist as if it was obvious.

"Yeah, I can tell you missed that era." Annoyed by Nico's poor acting skills, Will rolled his eyes.

"I'd like to see you try to do better." Nico sat beside Will and the pair shared a quick peck.

"I'd like to see me try to do worse." Smiled Will.

Sally and Paul had invited everyone to their apartment for a game night. After debating over Monopoly or Uno, Paul had suggested charades; something that everyone could get behind.

"Our turn!" Hazel stood up  and picked a slip of paper from the bowl. Upon unfolding it, she let out a laugh. "Oh, this is gonna be good."

Will chuckled, as if he knew what it was.

"Ready, set, begin!" Annabeth flipped the hourglass on its head.

Instead of doing a crazy motion like Nico did, she crossed her arms and scowled. "I'm the ghost king. I like the color black. I sometimes go to the infirmary for paper cuts because I want to see my boyfriend."

"Nico!" Frank called out, grinning like a maniac.

"Ding, ding, ding!" They gave one another a high five.

"Hey!" Protested Nico. "I don't act like that!"

"You're literally crossing your arms and scowling right now." Leo pointed out.

Nico uncrossed his arms but continued to scowl. "Who even wrote that down?"

"Guilty." Still laughing, Will raised his hand.

"Fine." Nico got up and took a blank slip of paper, scribbling something on it, folding the paper and dropping it into the bowl.

"Hmm, I wonder what Nico wrote down." Shrugged Will sarcastically.

"Our turn, Sunshine!" Leo smiled brightly.

He took out a slip and cackled like a witch on Halloween. When Annabeth flipped the hourglass over, Leo mimicked Hazel's exact motion and added in a thick Italian accent. "Fear me, I'm death-iano. I put a casket in one of the rooms in my house because I can't clean or cook on my own."

"A) Are all of these really me? B) I've never met someone who speaks like that." Nico protested.

"She hasn't guessed yet!" Complained Leo.

"Nico?" Guessed Calypso, smiling.

"Correct!" Leo plopped back down on the couch beside his girlfriend, kissing her on the forehead.

"If the next one is me then I swear..." Glowered Nico.

"Lighten up. Here, eat a cookie." Will offered, holding a tantalizing, blue chocolate chip cookie.

Although Nico wanted to refuse, it was fresh baked... And Sally made it. He swiped it from Will's hand and took a big bite, savoring every crumb.

"I'll go." Paul stood up and shuffled through the slips, selecting one and staring at it confusedly. "Hmmm..."