Chapter 11.5 (2.0)

Ok, I know that I already came out with a Chapter 11.5, but I had an idea as I was falling asleep last night and wanted to use the same concept but improve it kinda... So... Also, this is canon to New Rome. It takes place just one year prior to the events of the fanfic at it's loosely based on a headcanon, ever so gently. If you want the original back, I can republish it but I didn't like it too much. Kyeh Bye!

"Why can't we just fly to New Rome? Or shadow travel." Nico pouted, yawning as he blinked blearily against the early morning light.

"Because." Replied Jason curtly.

"Care to elaborate?" When Jason didn't continue, Nico inquired further.

"You, Percy, and Will are coming. In that order."

Nico shrugged, that was reasonable. Zeus hated Nico and Percy with a certain passion and Will would never let Nico go so far while using Underworld magic. Everyone piled their baggage into the back of the "Delphi Strawberries" van before squeezing into the cabin.

"Ow, Leo! Move to the left a little."

"Hey Beauty Queen, I'm in a different row."

"Pipes, I think that's me."

"Percy, we are literally the only two people in these back seats."

"Actually, Annabeth, this is Jason."

"Can somebody just turn an overhead light on!"

After a few more moments of struggling, there was a click and a light went on, revealing a tangled mess of demigods.

"You know what! Percy, get your ass back here. Nico, Will, you too. Frank and Hazel, next row. Then Leo and Calypso. Jason, you drive and Pipes can take shotgun. Good? Good." Annabeth delegated calmly.

If anyone had any discrepancies with the seating arrangement, they didn't voice them, instead quietly assuming their seats, Nico squashed between Percy and Will. There were only supposed to be three seats back there but there was one additional person and nowhere else for them to sit. Because Nico was so small, he had to share a seatbelt with Will because the son of Apollo wouldn't let him go without the proper protection.

"Can't we just go without it?" Muttered a disgruntled Nico. "It's digging into my shoulder."

"Well when Jason crashes the car, I don't want you flying out the window." Argued Will.

"Hey!" Jason grumbled.

"Fine." Nico saw the merit in Will's reasoning. Jason had gotten his driver's license that year, the only one of the seven aside from Percy to have one but no one trusted Percy enough to let him drive. Especially not Annabeth.

As Jason pulled out of camp, the gentle hum of the engine began to lull Nico's eyelids to sleep. They'd left at five am in order to get ahead of the traffic and he'd fallen asleep at 3. Not a good pairing.

Nico's head slumped onto Will's shoulder.

"Night Will." He murmured.

"Night Neeks." Will laughed, twirling Nico's hair between fingers.

As he slumbered, Nico breathed in and out, his chest rising and falling gently.

"Aww, Nico's sleeping." Whispered Annabeth, watching him.

"You don't act like its adorable when I sleep." Muttered Percy.

"Yeah, because you fall asleep while you're doing your homework." Retorted Annabeth. "Plus look at him, it's like he's ten again. Any moment now, he's going to wake up and start talking about pirates."