Chapter 2

"What the fuck, Will." Nico greeted Will's cheery smile.

"I don't see what you have a problem with and I've been on a plane from California for the past five and a half hours so where's your bathroom." Will brushed past Nico into the small apartment, dropping his bags haphazardly by the entry.

"First door on the left and take your shoes off, I don't need you tracking babies' tears and throw-up through my apartment." Nico crossed his arms.

"Don't worry, I sterilized my seat and the floor before sitting down." Will reached down to untie his laces before making his way to the washroom.

"Clean freak much?" Snorted Nico.

"Nice place." Called Will. "How many people did you have to blackmail to get it?"

"Hades pays for it, but he thought I had more friends than I actually do so I have two extra rooms." Nico picked up Will's suitcases and ventured down the same hall.

"You're in high school, why did you even need one extra room?"

"Because Hazel was supposed to go to Goode too but she decided that she would rather stay in Cali with  Frank." In the room that Nico had deigned for Will, Nico set the bags down again. He glanced around. It was simply furnished, with nothing but a twin bed, dresser, and bedside table. The room had been empty for the first year Nico lived there, but he decided to fill it in case Hazel ever did come to visit. She could personalize it when she came but Hazel only visited in the summer so she lodged at camp.

"So he didn't have faith in your ability to make friends. He had faith in the fact that your sister enjoyed your company." The toilet flushed and the faucet turned on. Nico stepped out of the room.

"Rude much?" Smirked Nico as Will exited.

"Trust fund baby much? But why do you have two extra rooms if you were just expecting Hazel?" Will puzzled, gesturing toward the additional door.

Nico didn't bother to vocalize his response. He grabbed the handle to reveal a wooden coffin, sitting ominously in the middle of the room.

"Gods, what the fuck is that?"

Nico chuckled and closed the door again. "Jules-Albert can't get up four floors so I put him in here. He helps around the house."

"I was wondering why it wasn't completely trashed." Laughed Will.

Their eyes met wistfully and Will leaned down ever so slightly to kiss Nico for the first time since Will had moved to California for college. Nico embraced Will and let time slip away.

When the two finally stepped apart, they kept their foreheads in touch. "I missed you, Neeks."

"I missed you too, Sunshine."

After a few moments of blissful silence, Nico pulled back as he recalled something.

"Wait, what did you say about a target on my back?"

Hesitating, Will sucked in a breath between his two front teeth. "Oh yeah, that."

I don't know if I'm supposed to publish everything at once but I'm doing it anyways! I hope my story is enjoyable!