Chapter 11.5 (Original)

A/N: This is a No Mist one shot, still Solangelo. And it doesn't pertain to the story. Some background info is that Nico is going to school in order to escape the Underworld. Good? Good.

Amice wasn't very excited about the field trip. Although she relished every moment away from Taciturn (Word on my spelling test today) Boarding School, her class was going to Washington DC; a five-hour drive from North Carolina (Completely random location, never been there and I doubt I ever will go there). That was a long time to be stuck in a rolling death machine. Unfortunately, the school hadn't rented quite enough transportation and, to remedy this issue, they decided to cram three students onto each of the two seating seats. Worst of all, Taciturn didn't even let kids pick who to sit next to, instead choosing via alphabetical order.

"Bus 2, Row 6: Amice Ruiz, Julian Silva, and Nico Solace." The supervisor called out, scanning down the sheet.

Amice couldn't have received a worse seating arrangement. Nico and Amice were good friends but Julian was a bit of a nightmare. He was beyond annoying in every possible way. When Amice and Nico took their seats, Julian shoved them to the side, taking up as much room as possible.

"Dude!" Amice scowled, wiggling a little to add some space between her and Nico. But Nico had it worse, he was crammed against the metal window.

"Ever heard of personal space?" Nico resounded.

But Julian simply smirked. It took a little while for the rest of the class to board and for the bus to begin moving, maybe ten minutes. As she dug through her backpack for her phone, Amice felt Nico's breathing spike a little.

"Neeks, are you ok?"

Nico's chest shuddered. "Yeah. I'm just- A little claustrophobic."

"Maybe more than just a little." Skeptically, Amice watched Nico began to take deep breaths in and out. "Hey Julian, ease up a little. Nico is claustrophobic."

"It's only five hours, emo kid can deal." Julian taunted.

"Seriously dude, I think he's hyperventilating." But Julian didn't seem to care. What an asshat.

"Nico, take deep breaths." Amice tried to calm Nico down but his eyes rolled back in his head and his body went limp.

"Ms. Raleigh, I think Nico just fainted."

As the teacher stood up to look, a bloodcurdling scream filled the bus. The bus driver slammed the brakes and turned to see Nico, curled up into a ball.

"Let me out! Let me out! I can't live on this for much longer! Please!" Nico's pleas broke Amice's heart, she couldn't bear to see her friend in so much pain.

"Nico, wake up!"

"Please! Don't take me down there, not again, not again, not again! No! Stop dragging me down! Please!" But then Nico's cries turned to snarls. "Do not hurt her, you and Octavian have no right to Camp Jupiter! Reyna is still your praetor! I will return you to the ground, you become a shade, a ghost. You will be tortured for all eternity for your crimes!"

Amice had never heard Nico speak with such malice before, however, it was quickly succeeded by sheer misery.

"I can't relive this again! I have no more sorrow to give you, Akhlys. Leave me be, I need to close the doors! Gaea can't take over the world."

Then the anger resurfaced.

"I am the ghost king, Minos. Not you. Don't you dare try and manipulate me like Percy did!"

But it vanished again as joint despair and rage overtook him.

"How could you let her die! I trusted you, Percy! You said you would protect her! Go to hell!"