Chapter 6.5

Random one shot of Percabeth with a tiny bit of Solangelo, just a break. It doesn't affect the story at all so you can just skip ahead if you want! Thank you! BTW, this will be cliched, just a quick warning.

Percy didn't consider himself popular, nor unpopular. He was kinda just, there. No one bullied him but no one considered the king of the school, at least to his knowledge.

Meanwhile, the school thought something different. He was well known for being kind, standing up for tormented students, and being friendly in general. His friend group wasn't especially large, but that didn't mean plenty of other kids didn't want to be his friend. Quite the contrary, in fact, considering the sheer amount of students clamoring for his attention.

Honestly, Isolde had never met anyone more oblivious. They were friends, not best friends though. He reserved that title for his elusive camp friends that no one had actually met. Personally, Isolde didn't have a crush on Percy, despite acknowledging that he was hot as hell. But she knew plenty of girls who were tripping over themselves for his approval. Still, he didn't notice a single one of them.

"Hey, have you noticed that a ton of girls have joined this club since last month?" Percy puzzled, whispering to Isolde as they watched the influx of students into Mr. Blofis's classroom for Weapons Club.

Feigning shock, Isolde turned to Percy. "What? Really? I couldn't tell."

He rolled his eyes at her, smiling before turning his attention back to the door. Today, his camp friends were coming. According to Percy, some of them were traveling all the way from California to be there, something pretty extreme for one meeting.

"They should be here in about five minutes." Nico slipped his phone back into his pocket, crossing his arms.

Isolde liked Nico, he was kinda emo but also kinda cool, especially for a sophomore. Not to mention he was extremely proficient with swords. Personally, Isolde was fairly good with rapiers and small knives, but longer weapons that involved slashing eluded her, which is why Nico and Percy were perfect co-founders.

"Ok, we might as well begin." Percy clapped his hands together. "Everyone, push the desks to the walls, we're gonna need some room."

As if spellbound, the plethora of new girls moved the desks, even squabbling about who pushes the most. Everyone wanted to impress Percy.

"So, if you'll remember last week, we began talking about xiphos's, daggers, and gladius's and today, we're going to practice using them. I actually have some of my friends who are trained in the use of these swords coming in today so we can all spar. They should be here any minute now so everyone, partner up."

Instantly, everyone stormed the front of the class, all calling Percy's name, a few crawling all over Nico.

"Whoa, whoa." Percy motioned for them to back off. "Me, Nico, and Isolde will partner up with my camp friends. I meant among yourselves."

A collective sigh fell across the club member before they assembled themselves into pairs. Percy, Nico, and Isolde grabbed the assortment of wooden blades to hand them out. They waded through the crowd, passing out the weapons. Isolde wasn't sure how Nico and Percy were deciding who got what, but Isolde chose what to give who based on their height.

Shorter people got gladius's, taller got daggers, average got xiphos's. Assessing the rest of the class after returning to the front of the room made it clear that the other two used similar criteria.

Once Percy and Nico returned, Percy's camp friends still weren't there. After waiting a few more minutes, they all agreed to continue.

"Okay, so you remember the moves we practiced right?" The class gave a hesitant nod in response to Percy.