🔸3🔸

I felt the chills going down my spine while that deep voice was ringing in my head like the alarm in the morning

My breathing became unsteady and my heart was beating like crazy. It was pumping the blood faster than a few minutes ago when I was getting down here.

I swallowed the saliva that gathered in my throat and then slowly looked at the two men beside me, who were staring at the wall with the horrified look. 

I would say "What kind of men are you?" But right now, I understood them more than I should have.

Then I turned to the black-haired girl who had her eyes and mouth opened in horror, also looking at the wall.

None of us dared to turn, because only the four of us should be here, and there was no other sound that someone was coming, so it was certainly nobody from the above.

I closed my eyes again, trying to calm down.

Breathe, Kristal.

"What? You won't answer me why you are interested in that nonsense on the wall?" The voice repeated and echoed in my head while he was speaking to the girl next to me.

She then slowly turned, with the same expression of her face, terrified looking at the one to whom the voice belonged.

Her chest rose and lowered abnormally, and I couldn't read absolutely anything from her face, even in the darkness of her dark, almost black eyes.

"I-" She started, but then was quickly silenced with a pale hand that put its finger on her mouth.

He was here, right behind me. I felt his presence and look on myself.

And then, I felt that icy touch touching my exposed neck and warm breath tickling the skin under my ear.

"Why don't you tell us what's that nonsense? I see you know." He moved away, rubbing my hair out of the braid.

The cold sweat overspread me and I closed my eyes, but I didn't say anything like the rest of us.

"Speak!" The silence was interrupted by the terrible shout that made my heart skip the beat and the brain to forget the words.

"Orion! Orion constellation!" I exclaimed as soon as I realized what's happening, and then he clapped for me.

Leisurely, the sound of the one palm touching other echoed through the pit which turned to the cave at its end.

I was shaking.

His presence was as cold as a Siberian night, and the voice rough and deep like this abyss.

But I still couldn't imagine what he looked like.

Will it cost me life?

If I turn for a moment?

Will I see a beautiful youthful face or some kind of disgusting and inexplicable face of a creature that wasn't even thought it existed?

The black-haired girl was still standing facing him, pale as a cloth and with a terrified face.

Then I heard a heavy step approaching her.

She was shaking just like me, while soft sobs were escaping out of her mouth. And then he silenced her again by putting his finger on her lips.

I looked back at the wall and closed my eyes starting to pray.

"Now neither God can help you."

As soon as he said that, I heard the sound of something breaking, and then falling down followed by a slight sound. I opened my eyes and looked to my right where a black-haired girl was standing a few seconds ago.

I sobbed when I saw her body lying down like a lifeless doll with her eyes wide open.

I didn't really like her, but we got stuck here together, and it hurt me like he killed a person that I knew since I know about myself.

The pale arm flung towards her face and then slowly and gently closed her lids.

The guys next to me started to shake uncontrollably, and I continued to pray.

God, I know I didn't go to church often, but please help us.

"I said God won't help you!" He screamed and now I felt his presence exactly behind me.

I waited for his cold hands to grab me around the neck and break it like a twig, but at the next moment, that fate found the young man beside me.

I sobbed again.

He was killing us like mice, and in this case he was a skilled and agile cat.

There were left only two of us. Me and the guy that helped me to tie the rope around myself at the beginning.

I smiled faintly, and then that faint smile disappeared when his lifeless body fell under my feet.

I was left alone.

Alright, not really alone.

"I'm next, right?" I asked listening to his steps so it would give me his current position.

But I didn't hear anything else except the insane beating of my heart in the chest and the sound of air coming out of my throat and mouth.

Instead of answer, I was thrown in the wall in front of me.

He pressed me by the neck, literally pushing my face in the stone like I will go through it and find myself on the other side.

Then he eased the squeeze and I felt his body pressed against mine.

"I'm the one asking questions here. Is that clear?" He whispered to my ear.

He was so close that I was able to feel his lips moving to my ear, lightly touching it.

My body betrayed me, and my brain got blocked.

I just can't think right at this moment and I'm only able to do something stupid.

"Is that clear?" He repeated, but this time way more louder and pressed me even more to the wall.

"Yes! Yes, it's clear!" I screamed when I felt a horrible and sharp pain on my cheek.

He let me go for a moment, then turned me too fast and hit against the wall, again. I think I will faint if he continues this way.

My sight got blurred and I could feel the warm fluid running down my cheek.

No, it wasn't tear because the tears are salty, this had the taste of rusty iron.

Blood.

My eyes were half closed from the dizziness that found me at the wrong time and I wanted to lift my hand to wipe off the bloody cheek, but the tight grip around my wrist stopped me.

I widely opened eyes, but all I could see was a blurry image of the face that was illuminated by the faint light from my helmet.

It started to irritating whistle in my head, and the blurred image was replaced by the grayness when I felt the cold finger touching the blood on my cheek.