🔸13🔸

My eyes were locked on the dirty floor, while my mind was aimlessly wandering through my memories

My eyes would sparkle every time when the smile of my mother would glow in front of my eyes. It was a painful feeling knowing that I might never see it again.

That row of pearly white teeth that she would have showed every time when she would be proud of me. It really hurts.

I let out the almost silent sound of sorrow with which my body shook like it was blown by the cold wind of nostalgia.

I closed my blurry eyes and let the tears stream down my cheek.

I bit my lip, suppressing more memories that were jumping in front of my eyes like the most beautiful family pictures that you frame and put on the nightstand next to the bed.

To keep you safe in the sleep and be the first thing that you will see in the morning after you wake up.

Oh mom, dad and dear sister, forgive me.

I turned my glance to the side and sighed.

I felt the cold fingers wrapping around my wrist and then touching my palm behind my back.

"I thought that-" I stopped and tried to remember what I actually wanted to say. Like his touch messed up all my thoughts, making me confused.

"Are you okay?" His voice trembled and was barely audible, like he would faint any moment because of the weakness.

Is it actually possible that he could be so weak?

"I am, but are you?" I looked down and tried to touch his palm again, but he moved it away.

"I'll be fine."

Do you know that feeling when someone tells you that everything will be okay, even if it won't be? They only say that so you could finally be positive and then it actually gets better because you change your point of view.

He wanted me to think that everything will get better, even though it actually won't.

But did he know that I was so stubborn and had trust issues?

"You won't." I said, and then a strange feeling filled my body, turning my stomach.

I was waiting for him to tell me that I could trust him, but he was quiet.

And silence was a clear answer.

"Gabriel-" I turned my head to the side as my throat clenched, cutting the words off my tongue.

"No, don't say anything. Just shut up and listen." He said when I was about to continue with what I wanted to say.

I shut up and allowed him to say whatever he wanted to say.

"Do you wanna know how it all started?" He asked me with a bit of bitterness in his voice, which was enough to wake me from a trance in which I had already fallen, thinking what is suddenly so important.