🔸19🔸

My lungs felt like they were filled with water, making the breathing so much more difficult

It was like somebody was roughly pushing my head into the depths of the dark ocean, while I would just helplessly scream like it would save me.

In reality, I was simply obtusely and blindly following Gabriel's black silhouette in front of myself.

He didn't even turn for a second to make sure that I'm following him. Well, that was probably not even necessary. Maybe he just doesn't care.

I wanted to scream, to expel this covey of golden butterflies in my womb, just so I could make my heart stop hurting so bad. But that would be the most stupid venture in my life, and trust me, I had a lot of them.

All of a sudden, I just stopped walking and helplessly slid to the floor not caring about absolutely anything.

I watched his silhouette move further for a few more steps before he finally turned around.

"Kristal? What the hell are you doing again?" At the next moment, he grabbed my wrists and pulled me up. My legs were shaking and I was not even trying to stand. My body has completely lost liveliness and strength.

"Go without me, I'm just a burden to you anyway." I said and leaned against the wet wall.

"Are you crazy? I don't know what happened to you all of a sudden, but you won't get out of this so easily." His hand was about to touch the silk skin on my face when I quickly stopped it.

"You don't care." I hissed through the teeth when my sight suddenly got blurry and the voice trembled, making my speech harder. 

"Where did you get that from?" He shook his head, putting both of his hands in the pockets of his black pants that were hanging on his hips like they were tailored just for him.

"Why are you pretending that you're so stupid?" I covered my face, turning my head so I don't have to look at him right now.

"Kristal, I really don't know what you're talking about, but I know that we are running out of time." He reached for my hand, but I ignored him.

"It's strange that you don't know. It's strange that you're not reading my thoughts right now." 

"So here we are."

"It hurt me." I whispered, feeling the dryness of my lips. I looked at him through the eyelashes, catching his gaze which was codly staring at me.

"Well fine, I know what I did and I have my reasons." He sighed and went through his hair, removing it from the forehead.

"Are you punishing me?" I raised my eyebrow and bit the inside of my cheeks so hard that I felt a disgusting metal taste filling my mouth.

"No, don't be ridiculous." He laughed and turned to go further, but I stopped him.