🔸9🔸

"Drink

"Drink." The dark liquid was slowly flowing out of his veins.

"Come on!" He exclaimed and almost pressed his hand against my lips, but I quickly moved away making the bloody droplet fall at the place where my neck was connected with the rest of my body. 

"No, please don't force me to do that." I was shaking my head and tried to calm down while my stomach was turning every time a velvety blood would have dripped down his palm.

"You have to, with will or with force. Otherwise, I can't help you." He stretched his hand again, but I refused, turning my head away.

"I don't need your help." I hissed and crossed my hands.

The thought of me drinking the blood sent the shivers down my spine.

"Don't be stupid. You can't help me think of a plan how to escape out like this. That's why you will drink." He grabbed my hair and pressed my dry lips against his open wound.

The pain flashed through my head and I trembled under his rough move.

"Drink." He commanded and pressed my face even more, which made me sob and the red liquid filled my mouth with its special and unexplainable taste.

He tilted my head at an angle where his blood was just pouring down my throat, and I immediately got the urge to cough it all out.

This blood didn't taste like the rusty iron, but like the finest sweet wine.

Wine is better when it's older, and he is old over a thousand years, does it make any sense?  

I instinctively swallowed all the fluid that gathered in my mouth and pleased his exaggerated ego that thought that he could play with me like I'm a doll on a thread.

Then he finally let me go.

The feeling of relief passed through my body along with his blood that magically healed all my wounds.

My energy jumped from the zero to hundred real quick and I felt better right away.  

I wiped off the blood that got spilled around my lips and then wiped it on my pants with a dose of disgust.

"Do you feel better?" He also wiped his wrist that had no traces of any cut anymore.

He healed very quickly. It's obvious that he has some kind of healing power.

I nodded and moved the lock of my brown hair behind ear. His eyes followed what I was doing, and then locked on that place.

They became even darker than they were before and reminded me of the abyss into which I came so blindfolded.

He slowly came closer and sat down on the armrest of the armchair and touched my neck with his pale fingers, decorated with the bunch of silver rings.

Cold shivers permeated my face when his hand caressed my cheek, still not looking away from that one spot.

I started panicking and my heart  threatened to jump out of my chest if I don't do something soon.

"What are you doing?" I stuttered when his finger slipped down my chin to the collar bone where his eyes were still burning my skin.

"Shut up." He whispered and put his cold lips against my exposed neck.

My breathing got faster and I was expecting the bite similar to a snake's that would lift me up to the sky, but none of it happened.

It was just a plain kiss that picked up a drop of blood that had previously fallen on that part of my body.

"I won't bite you, not now when you drunk my blood. Disgusting." He coldly hissed at me and moved away, still looking at my terrified face.

I stooped my head and started paying attention to the sweet taste that was still a guest in my taste buds.

So sweet.

"And now plan." He interrupted my thoughts, pretending like nothing important had happened so far.

It probably didn't really mean anything to him, but I know I won't forget it anytime soon.

✧ ✧ ✧

We were sitting at the opposite sides from each other, trying to work out the plan that we will try to do tomorrow.

I was looking at my hands. Always neat nails had dried blood underneath.

I looked up at Gabriel's peacefully face that was staring at few papers with some important information that I was not supposed to know about. 

His forehead kept wrinkling, while our eyes would meet for a second, and when that would happen, I would turn my red face, which would be a sign of disgrace that I was caught staring at such a supernaturally beautiful creature in front of myself.

What a humiliation.

I sighed and continued to think about what I'll do when I get out of here, of course, if I get out.

I mean, if he didn't for thousands of years, why would I now? I will never get answers to that.

"How did you get here?" I interrupted the intense silence that was streaming through the air, sending cold chills down my skin.

He glanced at me, swallowing me with his black eyes, color of the universe without the stars. 

"With the collapse of an old mine, not so far from here." The coldness that was radiating from his hunched body, made me shiver.

"What was a vampire like you doing in the mine?" Although his answer and tone were a clear warning that I should not ask more questions, I was pretending that I'm stupid and I just had to know.

"Then I was still a human." He replied and locked his flaming eyes on the paper like he will burn it with his glance.

My lips opened in shock and I looked at him with the glance that was saying "I'm sorry, I didn't know."

"It happened so quickly, I don't remember anymore, so don't even ask me." He looked at me as a warning so I reasonably nodded and tried to avoid asking him anything from now on.

But then the bulb above my head lit up and one more disturbing question came to my mind.

If he died as a human and became a vampire in a collapsed mine it means he has never seen the daylight and-  

I didn't even have the chance to finish the sentence in my head when he answered to my thoughts.

"I'm risking my life because yes, sunlight kills vampires, you're thinking in a good way." He clenched his free fist on the table and I swear that I heard the bones crackling in his hand.

But nothing would hurt him because he has the power of the damn fast healing.

"Is there a way to-" I wanted to ask him if there is a way to walk in the sun despite the fact that it's deadly, but again, I didn't have the chance to finish.

"You tell me." He interrupted me and turned the paper with a drawing of the gemstone that looked like it had the stars captured in itself.

"Do you know what is this?" He asked and raised his black eyebrows.

I looked at the picture a bit better, and then the memory flashed before my eyes.

"So?" He was impatient.

"Orion's stone, a stone with a thousand stars-" I said and slowly connected what he wanted to say.

"-which allows me to walk in the sun." He continued my sentence and the the distorted smile appeared on his grimly face.