🔸11🔸

"Ready for a trip?" He was smiling at me with his unique and arrogant smile, while I was tying my long hair into a ponytail so it wouldn't bother me while I'm climbing onto the rocks like some stupid idiot

Yes, you want to see that.

"Do I have a choice?" I raised one of my beautifully curved eyebrows and sighed.

"Of course not, and now I suggest that we go immediately." He offered me his pale hand that I accepted with a dose of disapproval, and then we slowly stepped into darkness.

All my senses heightened to its maximum and I let him lead me through this hallway that, I'm afraid, is going to be my grave.

With every step, a new wave of chills overwhelmed my body and put the fear and anticipation into my bones.

I was trembling while walking, paying attention to the every sound. Those boots are making too much noise anyway and I can't be barefoot because of sharp stones. The cut feet would just leave traces of blood, which would be more even more than bad because vampires are like sharks in the dry. They could smell the blood in the distance of kilometers. 

"Why are you helping me?" Gabriel's voice suddenly echoed through my ears like the most beautiful melody. 

I stopped confused when he let my hand for a moment, illuminating my face with a pocket-sized battery from my backpack.

I instinctively covered my eyes from the beam of a blue light that whipped my feeble eyes used to the eternal darkness in these hallways.

"Excuse me?" I moved my hand when he pointed the battery into the stone block next to us. 

"Why are you helping me escape from here? I treated you like a piece of shit." I froze in the place when he said these words.

I didn't know what to say.

Part of me screamed that he forced and blackmailed me, while the other said that it's because I wanted to.

But what's the real truth?

"Don't think too much, just say the first thing that comes to your mind." His face tensed, waiting for my answer in suspense.

I tried to make the wheels in my head move and the little bulb to light up, giving me the idea what should I answer.

"I-" I stuttered, looking at the floor and then at a light blue circle on the stone wall. 

I felt his glance on myself, which simultaneously burned my skin and made my cheeks become red. It made me overcook because of the sudden desire to think of something that will get me out of this awkward situation.

"I think that deep inside you is a part that deserves to live again, fully." I sighed and looked at those black eyes that lost the cruelty in themselves.

They sparkled with the tint of a warm brown color, warming my half dead heart and making it beat faster so it threatened to jump out of my chest again.

Then he looked away and turned me his back, while turning off the battery and putting it back into the pocket of his black leather jacket.

"I'm not good and I don't deserve it." The coldness escaped out of his mouth, splashing me like a bucket full of ice. 

I decided to stay quiet and try to calm my thoughts that were currently shouting at me, giving me a headache.

He is not good.

He is evil, did you forget what he did to you?

He wants you dead, but not before you get him out of here.

He is heartless.

He doesn't love you.

They were slapping me from all sides till the edge when my eyes became glossy and the groans threatened to leave my mouth.

But I was pressing them back with all strength, biting my lip until it almost burst.

Gabriel didn't hold me anymore and I don't know if he is still in front of me. I can't hear any other steps than my own, but that's not strange.

He is a vampire. He's a hunter, and hunters are silent.

"Do not scream." He suddenly whispered and I instinctively jumped.

Why not?

Thousands of ideas and thoughts flashed through my brain and made my chest rise faster.

When his arms wrapped around my body and lifted me, I almost screamed, biting my tongue in process. Icy pain immediately filled my mouth and it became a faint mumble instead.

"Shhh." He silenced me and then I felt the air blowing through my hair like I'm flying.

He let me go out of his arms and carefully grabbed my hand.

I got the urge to wrest it out, but I wasn't sure if that's smart enough. That would just make him aggressive, and I already saw what he can do when he's like that.

The puzzles were still fitting in my head, while I was trying to realize what just happened.

I probably looked so stupid and I was grateful for the darkness that was successfully hiding the dark circles under my eyes and probably smudged makeup.

"Just be quiet. We're close to their nests, in fact, they're just above us, and if you don't want to wake them up, you're gonna be quiet." Gabriel suddenly spoke, making me shiver because I already got used to the grave silence.

"Bats?" My eyes widened and immediately looked up like I'm going to see them calmly hanging above us, waiting for the right moment to attack me and make me scream the loudest I could.

"Quiet." I closed my eyes and continued to walk in the silence. It suddenly became so cold.

It sent the chills through my body so I rubbed my bare arms so I could warm up just a little.

Gabriel sped up his steps and I was forced to follow him faster, stumbling at every hole in the ground that would make me fall.

I felt his breathing becoming faster, and even my lungs were calmer.

Something was wrong.

Right when I wanted to ask what's going on, something similar to a pebble echoed through the cave and woke up the sleepy bats that, in the second, flew in our direction.

This time I couldn't stop the scream.

They were pushing me forward until I sat on the ground, putting my arms all over my head to protect myself.

"Get up right now." Gabriel pulled me up, and in the next moment, we were both running the fastest we could.

My heart was beating like crazy, with the adrenaline severely flowing through my veins.

Run faster, they are behind you.

My subconscious shouted in my head, but I seemed to be deaf.

I was getting slower and slower the more I wanted to be faster.

And that was the end.

The powerful force pulled me out of Gabriel's arms so hard that the sound of my body falling on the cold stone, echoed through the whole cave.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?"