🔸12🔸

Coldness possessed every inch of my body inside, while the pain was slowly destroying the tips of my nerves

I stayed lying on the cold stone ground, sharp edges of rocks were buried in my skin, releasing the red liquid from the blood vessels. 

Whole life flashed in front of my eyes while the loud noise in my head was driving me crazy.

Is this the end of my miserable life?

Am I destined to die in one of these ancient Russian hallways?

I was trying to move, but my body betrayed my brain and I remained in a helpless lying position.

My eyes were firmly closed and the eyelids so heavy, I just couldn't open them.

Everything was so difficult at this moment, even to live.

I didn't know what's reality and what were the images from my head, spinning like the movie.

The laughter was replaced by a rough growling, and tickling by the grip around my neck that made me stand up, pressing me against the cold wall.

I started coughing because I couldn't breathe, but the grip was not easing up and I was sure that this is the end.

The darkness covered my body and was squeezing it with its deadly hands, I was already halfway through the edge of life.

"Let her go." Gabriel's voice echoed through my head, pulling me over the edge for a moment.

"Or what?" The other, unknown voice whose owner was a cold-blooded killer, laughed coldly.

The noises were mixing up, creating the confusion in my mind until my body didn't fall to the ground, again.

"Too bad that you actually can't do anything." I heard a flick of fingers, and then felt the icy touches lifting my body and tying my hands on the back.

And then someone threw me over his shoulder and started carrying me in the opposite direction from a few seconds before, away from the exit.

I wanted to open my eyes and see what is going on, but I couldn't do anything I wanted.

The body was ignoring my orders.

Then I felt the air tickling my exposed face along with the hair that freed from the ponytail.

I was pushed to a pillar that almost cut my body in half along the spine.

I slid down and sat on the dusty floor when they started tying me violently.

The rough and sharp rope made me scream in the pain when it almost got buried in my stomach.

The light blinded me when my eyes opened widely, making the reality hit my head.

It was an empty room, darkened in the corners with the lantern above my head, which was slightly illuminating my exhausted  face.

Tied to the wooden pillar, I couldn't see what's behind my back, but soon another body was pushed against mine and I knew it was him.

Gabriel.

His loud breathing and the sound of deprecation were killing the silence that was living in the dark this whole time.

He was fighting, trying to get free, but the rope was burning his cold skin. Realizing he can't do anything, he let his body lean on the pillar against mine.

And then there was silence. No steps, laughter, or strokes were heard.

Only mine and Gabriel's accelerated and hard breathing, and the insane beating of my heart in the chest.

"Gabriel?" I called his name, but he didn't answer.

The worst thought immediately flashed through my head and I started shifting around, trying to get free, but the rope was just tightening around us more and more. 

Each shift would make Gabriel moan in pain, so I stopped moving.

"Gabriel?" I called his name again, turning my head as much as I could just to see him, but that wasn't enough.

He didn't answer again.

I sighed in defeat and looked at the latern that was still hanging above my head.

If I just break it, the wax could help me get rid of the rope.

But I can't reach it.

I looked at the dusty black parquet, that was lifted up in some places because of dampness.

I remembered the same parquet in my old family house where I lived until I was nineteen years old.

Under its wooden planks, I would hide old and new diaries so that unwanted guests could never be able to read them while I was gone.

I wonder what's hiding under those planks. 

Suddenly the brown shiny shoes made me come back to reality.

Then their owner bent down, in the level of my eyes and tried to touch my face with his pale hand.

I wanted to move away when he was about to grab my face, but I couldn't.

The pressure on my cheeks was so strong that he could have, in a second, broken my skull on that place.

A sudden movement lifted my head up and made my blue-green eyes meet with the boring grayness.

The eyes of the person in front of me were the color of the sky after a storm, with the sheet made of light gray clouds.

His glance was so empty, so it was sending the cold chills through my body, making me tremble in fear.

The blonde locks were covering his forehead, making his cheekbones come to the fore even more.

Beautifully shaped lips would make him, along with all I mentioned above, most desirable model today.

But he was, like Gabriel, radiating with danger and coldness.

"What's your name, beauty?" I recognized that voice, and now I was sure that this person had pulled me out of Gabriel's arms.

I refused to answer him, squeezing my lips in anger and turning away with a blurry glance.

But he tightened his grip around my cheeks, making me sob in pain.

Gabriel moved behind me so the rope engraved into my stomach even more.

"The kitty ate your tongue?" He spoke roughly and opened my mouth with his thumb, catching my tongue with cold fingers.

I froze, fearfully looking into his eyes that looked way more cruel than Gabriel's.

When I met Gabriel I thought that I met the devil, but he was nothing compared to this cruel creature.

"So?" He finally let my tongue, waiting for my answer.

"Kristal." I mumbled, and then he let my cheeks and got closer to my ear.

"Kristal, welcome to hell." He whispered and made the blood froze in my veins.

Author's note

Today marks one year since I got idea for this story and damn, time flies.
I hope I'm not disappointing and give me a sign you're reading💙🌟

Thank you!