🔸20🔸

It was like I stopped breathing for a moment

My eyes were just empty looking through the row of collapsed trees, innumerable holes in the ground and black smoke, which was proudly rising from the fire that was greedily swallowing the dense vegetation underneath.

Everything was completely destroyed, or at least, as much as I could see.

It's too late.

The world is already destroyed.

I betrayed the humanity.

I helplessly sat on a dusty ground and bent into a tiny, vulnerable ball, while the million feelings and thoughts crept in my head like ants in the anthill.

They were stepping on each other, spinning in the circle and looked completely lost just like I did now.

While I was cursing and blaming myself, the ground suddenly started to shake and it was definitely the strongest earthquake I ever felt in my life.

I was waiting for the moment when the earth will swallow me whole and pull me in its darkness forever, but nothing happened.

At least, nothing bad.

"Kristal? You have to see this." I lifted the head out of my lap and looked around myself completely lost.

The escaping smoke was returning to the bright red fire, which was slowly retreating, leaving the green meadows behind. Like it spat them out.

The trees then began to rapidly grow from the burned foundations like they're sprouting again, creating a living Siberian forest consisting of dark green pines.

Everything was like a rewound tape.

The sky was overwhelmed by somber clouds, while the cold wind was making my body shiver under its touch.

I rubbed my bare arms that were protected only by a thin, once white, blouse, now soiled with traces of dried blood and mud.

I got up on my feet looking at everything coming back to normal and wiping out any traces of any destruction.

Everything came back as it was in the beginning.

"You did it." My heart warmed up when his angelic voice made its way towards my ears.

I turned to look in his brown eyes that were warmly watching me along with the most beautiful smile the world had ever seen.

"I did it." I smiled slightly, and the tears of joy came out of my tired eyes. A few drops slid down my face, leaving the painful and cold lines that the wind had immediately blown away.

"I did it." I repeated one more time watching the tall trees swinging in the rhythm.

Everything was so peaceful and calm, only my heart was beating like crazy while the adrenaline was unstoppably flowing through my veins.