Part 13- Nikkah Confession

15th August 2018

Busola

Laken and his family enter the hall with his family member behind him. And there's A LOT. I feel so out of place now. I have no one except my uncle and siblings. But Alhamdulilah I have someone.

I've been thinking and thinking about whether or not I actually want to go through with this. I mean he's a good guy but lately I've been feeling some type of way. I don't know what it is. I just don't feel comfortable with going through with the wedding.

I have on my plain simple white dress and white hijab and hit it off my simple make up done by MYSELF. Yeah am pretty good with make up so.

(BTW the dress is what am showing y'all not the actual face of the bride that's why I have it covered)

"You look beautiful beta",I hug aunty who kisses my forehead.

"Thanks aunty"I smile then look over at Hamed who smiles a little. My heart beats a little faster and aches.

"Are you ready beta?",uncle, also known as Laken's dad asks holding his hand out for me. I smile a little then take his hand. He walks me to Laken then helps me sit down beside him.

"You look beautiful"he whispers.

"Thank you. You look handsome too".
He chuckles then we both face the imam.

We listen to prayers and Qur'anic recitations then we're passed our rings.

I hold his in my hand and frown as Laken holds his hand out towards me.

"Are you okay?"he whispers.

"Yeah am just-"I look past him towards Hamed but he's not there. I start looking around the place but he's no where to be seen.

"Who are you looking for? Your siblings are here"Laken whispers.

"I know I just. I'll be back",I hand him the ring then pick up my dress and run out of the hall.

"Busola"everyone yells.

"I'll be back I just need to do something. Please am sorry"I call.

Everyone just looks at me confused.

I reach outside and look around the parked car park but no sign of him.

"Busola what are you doing here?"I hear his voice which made me turn around to find him holding his phone and portable charger in his hand.

"I thought you left"I whisper.

"I went to get my charger. My phone was dying and I didn't want to miss any part of your wedding"he chuckles.

"Oh."I frown at his happiness then look away.

"Is everything okay?",he asks me.

"I don't know. I just. Am not sure I want to marry him"I whisper with tears sliding down my face.

"Why not? Maybe your thinking about your siblings. You won't stop caring for them, marrying him won't make you stop",he smiles.

"Why are you happy that am marrying him?"I ask then the sobs just came.

"Hey. What do you mean?"he gasps.

"I wasn't thinking of them Hamed. I was thinking about you. I love you Hamed. I love you",I let out and cry harder.

"What?"a voice gasps from behind him.