Part 27- Interrogate

Busola

"So where are you going again?",Hamed asks me as I fix my hijab.

"I want to go meet Laken".

"Why?"he asks with s raised eyebrow.

"I need to ask him something. I'll be back soon. Don't worry",I get up and smile.

"Wait babe I'll go with you. I'll wait in the car".

"No it-"

"Am not letting you go to your ex fiancé alone. Either let me go with you or your not going at all. Choose",he shrugs.

What do I do now? Look I'll just tell him.

"Okay we have to hurry. He's at the cafe near the hospital"I tell him.

"Okay let's go then".

***

"You stay in the car. I'll be out soon",I kiss Hamed who hums suspiciously.

"Stop acting all suspicious Hamed. Am not going there to romance him. I'll explain everything to you when the time is right. Okay?".

He looks at me then nods.

"Okay"he whispers.

"Good. Love you",I pat his hand.

"I love you too",he replies with a smile.

I cross the road and walk into the café. Well damn why is it so quiet?
It was easy to spot Laken self. I walk over to his table then take a seat.

"Asalam Alaykum"I greet him.

"Walaykum Salam"he replies motionlessly.

"How have you been?",I ask him.

"Cut the crap just ask me what you want"he rolls his eyes and means back into his seat.

"Okay then".

Mmm. You have to think smartly about this, if I ask him if he was involved with the kidnappings, he would say no. Definitely. But if I accuse him and lie about having proof......would he confess? Mm well I'll never know until I give it a try.
And if he tries anything, its a good thing Hamed came along. I'll just text him.

"Wait one sec"I tell Laken. I get up then walk away from him and call Hamed who instantly picks up.

"Hey baby can you do me a favor?"I whisper.

"Sure what is it?"he asks.

"I need you to keep an eye on this cafe, the window where an sitting yeah? I want you keep looking there. If you see me out my hands up then please come get me....please don't ask any questions I'll explain later".

"Okay sure" he whispers.

I hang up then tap on the recorder on my phone. I walk back to Laken and smile then press start.

"Okay Laken. Why did you do that to Hasna? Huh? I thought you were a good guy. But you had the guts to actually conduct a kidnap for HER just so I'd look at you as the good guy? Then after our wedding got canceled you spread her photos online? How click can you get?",I snap.

I observe his actions and everything. His body language screamed FEAR but his face expression stayed the  usual calmness.

Mmm. I guess Yousif was right after all. Ah Hasna. This girl. I will deal with her today myself.

"I don't know what your talking about. I saved her life"he yells now standing up angrily.

"Oh really? So is that why Ishaq had recorded everything? You talking to the men, that they should undress her and make it look like she was raped? Huh?"I stand up also.

"W-a- wh-a- record?",he stutters.

"I can't believe you'd do such a thing. Laken. She's 18. You ruined her. Her pictures are all over the internet. How could you do that to her",I yell.

"It was your fault. You left me for that mental asshole. On our wedding day. I did that as a revenge. Your right. I did do all that. I saw how close you were to Hamed so I conducted a kidnappings. I made them take her pictures, she wasn't raped so I don't know how she got pregnant but you should ask your promiscuous sister that okay? I knew how much you cared for them and knew you'd marry any guy that could keep them safe so that's why I did that. I did it all because I loved you. I wanted you at any cost. But after you left me I was angry so I spread the pictures around",he confesses.

Well this dude is stupid. He just confessed everything so easily.

"She's not promiscuous",I tell him.

"Really? Is that why she goes around with every guy in college? Huh".he scoffs.

"Shut up. Am calling the police as we speak"I shrug then take my phone.

"Yeah sure you are"he smirks then pulls me towards him. I just hiss then hold my hand up.  I look out the window but don't find Hamed in the car. Heyyyy am dead.

"Get your hands off her",I hear him behind me.

Ahhh I am smart. I smile then hear sirens.

"How'd you know to call the police?"I ask Hamed.

"Something told me you was gonna need it. Well actually I just put a speaker in your phone so I could listen to everything that was happening. Had a feeling you'd need the police"he smiles.

"I did. Thanks",I smile and watch as the cops handcuff Laken.

"Don't yell at her. Let her tell her side of the story then you can psycho on her",Hamed tells me as he parks the car in the driveway.

"Hamed. She's dead",I scoff then get out of the car angrily.

"Babe come on stop",he pulls me back and frowns.

"You don't know what really happened. So let her talk please promise me you won't go crazy"he whispers.

"Look Hamed this is between me and her okay. I don't want you i-"

"And am your husband. Am telling you to calm down so calm down"he snaps while shaking my shoulders.

"Please"he whispers.

I sigh then nod.

"Okay. I'll try"I nod.