Part 29- Am Ready

Hamed

"What happened?",I ask mama who's crying in Baba's chest.

"Mama?"I whisper.

"Hamed",Usman bhai sits on the couch beside me and sighs.

"Bhai what did I do?"I ask him after noticing the tension in the room.

Wait where's Busola?

"Bhai? Where is she?"I whisper.

"Hamed I don't think she wants to see you at the moment",bhai whispers.

"B-b- I did- it was-",I stutter.

"I know Hamed but I think she just needs to be alone now. Just 5 minutes she asked for".

"5 minutes?",I whisper then calm myself down. I thought she didn't want to see me at all.

The door to our room opens and we all stand up. I look up the stairs to find Busola coming down but there's barely any scratch. No bruises no nothing. Just make up. Well she was wearing it before so maybe I didn't touch her.......but why was mama crying?

"Your okay?",I whisper as Busola reaches the living room.

"Yeah"she whispers.

I furrow my eyebrows confused then walk past her and into the kitchen.

"Hamed?".

I pick up the baby wipes in the cupboard then walk back out into the living room.

I pull Busola towards me and take out the wipes.

"What are you doing?"she asks.

She looks at my hand then gasps.

"Don't. It took me ages to get it done"she says.

"Really? You've been covering up all these times so I wouldn't feel guilty?",I whisper then hold her hand and wipe her make up off.

"Hamed stop"she whispers.

I ignore her and continue wiping off the make up.

Look what I've done. There's no area on her face which I haven't messed up. No wonder why she kept flinching when I'd touch her. So this is what I've been doing. I thought I was actually improving. I guess not.

"Its not your fault",she whispers.

"When did I do all that? Besides today" I ask her.

"Hamed it doesn't matter. Just let it go".

I watch as she takes the wipes off me then sighs.

"I'll tell you everything you want to know. I know you've been trying to find a way to help me. Ask me what you want to know",I tell her.

She just looks at me shocked before smiling then looks at Noor babhi who gives a small smile.

"Am sorry"I whisper.

"Don't be",she smiles.

I shut my eyes and couldn't help let my tears slide down. I cover my face and sniff.

"Hamed"her and the ladies whisper.

"Everything will be okay. Please don't cry"Busola whispers and takes my hand and wipes my tears.

"Please, we'll figure this out together. Please don't blame yourself. I can take care of myself, today just caught me off guard. Please don't be too hard on yourself"she tells me.

"Here I'll make you some tea yeah. You go up and pray. When you were knocked out we already prayed"she says then smiles.

I nod then watch as she walks into the kitchen. I don't deserve her. She's so good to me. So patient. So kind. What did I ever do to have her in my life.

"Go up",mama kisses my cheek and smiles.

The Forbidden LoveOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara