Nineteen

New Arrivals

After about 5 minutes of just shock and terror, there was a flash of black light. I'm not sure how to explain it. It was like a ray of light but it was pure darkness.

The 'black light' faded and we saw a girl. She had brown skin and brown hair with black streaks. Her multicolored kaleidescope eyes matched Piper's. She looked about 19 to 20 years old.

"Who are you?" Piper sniffed, wiping her tears. "I am Ember, daughter of Thanatos. My father sent me to assist you with this war. I'm the only daughter of death and I've trained to assist this war." She spoke, her voice all high and mighty. 

"Nice to meet you. How do you know that you have to help with this war? What about the giant war? Why didn't you fight that war?" Noah asked. She looked up at him with calm eyes, somehow knowing that we were distraught about the death of Jason. 

"I've gotten a prophecy from Apollo the day I was born. My mother died during childbirth and I have lived with my father in his palace, training nonstop to fufill my destiny." She said. 

I nodded and explained to her about the prophecies and everything that happened. Nico did a ritual to properly send Jason's soul peacefully to the underworld. Ember then did a chant and Jason's body faded away. 

"Good thing that's over. I don't have to act all formally anymore." Ember said, laughing. "Oh thank gods you're not always formal and scary. I was starting to get intimidated." I smiled at her. 

"Well sorry for the kind of bad welcome, but welcome to Camp Half Blood! I'll show you around." Jyoti said, stepping out of the crowd. 

"I'll come too." I piped up. We both nodded and headed out while everyone else went back to their daily activities. The mentors and the rest of the 6 stayed behind to console Piper and mourn over Jason's death.

"So, Ember, you'll be staying in the Hades cabin because we don't have a Thanatos cabin, sorry. You get to room with me, Nico, and Bianca. Is that okay?" Jyoti explained. "Sure! It's been so lonely in my dad's palace and he's usually busy with work and his duties." Ember exclaimed. 

"Hey, what's your prophecy, anyway?" I asked. 

She took a deep breath. "I'm not allowed to tell you the actual prophecy, but it explained that I had to train in secret all my life to fight in this war. After that, I can have a normal life here at camp. I've always heard about stories and what's happened in the past few years so I'm eager to stay here." 

Jyoti and I both nodded our heads and explained everything about camp and about ourselves. 

By the end of the tour of camp, we were all laughing and having a good time, as if we were all best friends from before. But I'm sure that we'll be the 'golden trio' in the future. 

"Ember, do you want me to give you different clothes?" I asked, noticing that she was wearing an all black cloak, which also made her look like a badass assassin. "Um, yeah. It's hella hot in this damn coat." She laughed. 

I snapped my fingers and instantly she was wearing a black crop top with black ripped jeans. "Thanks, that's way better." she sighed. "So what powers do you guys have?" 

"Well for me, I can control the dead. But I'm the best at controlling shadows. I can use it to create shields and weapons of pure shadow or surround me with it to make me invisible. Also, I can turn people to ghosts, but that takes up a lot of energy." Jyoti explained. 

"I have every power of the Olympians, since Chaos blessed me. But I'm strongest at using the powers from my mom, Aphrodite. I have charmspeak and I can see who someone's soulmate is." I told Ember.

"That's so cool! Well, I can mostly control ghosts and the dead. But I can turn invisible too. And if I can channel my energy in a certain way, I can kill someone with a touch of my finger. But I have perfect control over that." Ember said.

"Hmm, love and death. That's a good pair." Jyoti chuckled. I nodded as well. 

Hey, Annabeth's calling a meeting for the 6 and the mentors. Plus Ember. Come to the Big House. Noah said in my mind. Wait, what?!

Hold up, how are we communicating? I asked, concentrating on getting the message to Noah. It's called mind message. Only Percy, Annabeth, you, and I can do it. He explained

Okay we'll meet you guys there. I mmed.

"Kuuipo? You good, there?" I heard Jyoti say as Ember waved her hand in front of my face. "Uh, yeah. I just learned how to mind message Noah." I said, a look of shock on all three of our faces.

"But he said that we all have to go to the Big House for a meeting." I explained. We all shadow traveled to the big house and walked in. 

I sat down with Jyoti and Ember on the small couch that was unoccupied. 

"Someone out of all of us here is a spy." Percy piped up, sadness and tiredness laced in his voice. 

"Who would it be, though? None of us would betray the gods." Piper asked. 

"Well, it's one of us. No one knew about us raising Gaea and