GET JINXED

My heart twisted and sunk with nerves as I stood in front of the door to the dining room. My breaths came in sharp pants and I tried to gain control. My heart rate quickly surpassing the rhythmic beat coming from inside. I try to stay calm as my hand met the doorknob that belongs to the large door.

I haven't left in my dorm room in days!

What are they going to think about me!

They must think I'm pathetic!

My inner demons kept repeating those sentences inside of my head like a broken record player. Just placing my hand on the door makes my breathing rapid and shallow. I can feel my pulse pounding in my temples. I clench my left fist tightly until my nails dig into the palm of my hand. "All I need to do is go inside the dining room... It's not that hard." I shuddered, looking up to see the large door.

As I twisted the doorknob, the door slowly opens revealing everyone inside. Staring at the ground I walked into the large dining room. As I expected, they were looking at me with surprise on their faces. "...G-Good morning," I mumbled as I tried to ignore everyone's curious gaze. A heavy silence settled over us, thicker than the uneasy tension in the atmosphere. I felt painfully out of place, like a pepperoni that had mistakenly made its way onto a vegetarian pizza. "Oh, (__)..." gonta inquired, his red gaze turning to you. Quietly, I shrugged it off and went to the far corner of the table to sit down.

As I sat down in silence, Tsumugi slowly scooting next to me and tried to start a conversation. "Um... (__), Why are you wearing Tenko's pinwheel bow?" she questioned as she continues to spin the small teaspoon in her cup of tea. "...Well, I don't know the exact reason why I'm wearing it... I just have this feeling that I should wear her large green pinwheel bow In memory of her, So her spirit doesn't die." I quietly explained as I continue to avoid eye contact with the cerulean haired girl. I glanced my eyes up for a split second to see how she would react, Her face lit up a bit as a sparkle appeared in her eye. "Wow, that sounds like something an anime character would do!" She said in joy while she stared at me with huge eyes. "Haha... Yeah, that does sound like something an anime character would do." I mumbled as a little smile appeared on my face.

Tsumugi and I continue to talk about different sorts of anime and manga relating topics. Slowly, I became a little bit happier as I chatted with my new friend. I wasn't completely done with my mourning stage but, at least I had a new friend to talk to and help me get through this tough time. Tsumugi is an honors type student who speaks in a docile and gentle way but, she becomes very passionate when she talks about her favorite series.

After talking with her for a little bit, I decided to take a walk around the courtyard while the sun was still out. As I glided down the sidewalk I felt like a waiter in a five-star restaurant. Things were starting to finally look up for once...!

I feel a little bit happier...

I made a new friend...

And kokichi hasn't bothered me in the past couple of days...

as I continue to walk around the courtyard, one of the Rings on my hand slid off and fell onto the floor. "Tch!" I spat out in irritation as I bent down to pick up the small silver ring. Quickly, I stood back up from kneeling but, my back bumped into someone. I was going to turn around and apologize like a decent member of society but, hands clasped onto my shoulders and held me still. "Oh god, oh god, oh god," I cried out in my head. I jerked my whole body as soon as my muscles allowed me to finally move again, trying to wretch free for whoever was holding me. I slipped about half-way out before the hands gripped tighter on my arms and shoved me back.

I continued to thrash and buck any part of my body that I could, hoping to find some opening. Nothing worked, but I continued my efforts anyway. I managed to catch a glimpse from my peripheral vision, the sight of moderately long, wavy blackish purple hair and pale skin. As soon as I noticed those two features, I immediately know who was behind me.

GOD DAMN IT...!?

WHY DID I JINX IT...!?

I stopped for a moment to take a breather, my breath went ragged from exertion. During all my efforts HE said nothing more, just held me entirely immobile. After I felt the hands on my shoulder slacken just ever so slightly during my break, I made my move. I bucked my hips sharply backward and up with as much force as I could muster in my body, landing squarely into his groin. Kokichi finally loosened his grip and let go, I immediately ran towards the dorm room area.

When I was safely back in my room, I sat down on the ball chair in the corner of my room and sighed. I narrowed my eyes as I stared at the palm of my hand, "Jeez, What's his problem..." I muttered to myself.