Chapter 3

NB: That was the song I was listening to while writing this chapter
••••

I was currently eating my lunch in the bathroom because I didn't want to be around Sebastian. Especially after he made me feel extremely bad for accidentally mixing up his lunch order. First, he was all pissy over the fact that I voiced my thoughts and didn't end his one time offer, then I got him the wrong sandwich and he began shouting at me and completely blowing everything out of proportion.

After I bought the correct sandwich, I got myself something to eat and locked myself inside the bathroom. I wasn't planning on exiting or accompanying him on any more of his trips. If that was how he was going to behave for the smallest things, I wasn't having it.

I looked at my phone as I bit into a sandwich seeing that it was just about seven o'clock. Now was the time when we had to go visit his land, why at this hour? I hadn't the slightest idea. Probably the property was best at this time. I thanked the heavens that I had already showered—making use of my surrounding space.

I didn't know where Mr. Big-bad-CEO was and honestly, I didn't care. I wanted to explore and be happy here for leisure purposes and not for business. Unfortunately, this wasn't a vacation and I wasn't rich. There was a knock of the door and I almost touched the ceiling; it scared me that badly. I got up to open the door but looked down and realized I was in a jersey and panties only.

"Hold on!" I said wrapping up the rest of my sandwich and grabbing my towel frantically. I covered my lower area and reached for the door handle at the same time. Now this was like the domino effect—one thing led to another. The door opened and because I was trying to cover up myself quickly, the towel unraveled and fell to the floor, which I tried to pick up but then fell forward landing in my boss' arms; well I didn't quite land gently. Actually we both fell onto the floor with a solid 'oof'.

"Uh..." He said awkwardly, his arms wrapped tightly around my small frame. His breath smelled like alcohol probably because he was drinking before he came back into the room. It was sexy.

My mind was in disarray as I stared at my hands gently placed on his pectoral muscles, then it hit me. He was shirtless and I was on top of him. I could feel his hard abdomen through the thin fabric of my jersey and a blush crept onto my face. I quickly pushed off of him and stood, running my hands through my hair until I realized that my shirt slowly crept upward when I did that.

His eyes roamed my body before he also stood and headed for the bathroom.

"Um... Sorry..?" I said retrieving my towel and covering myself. I didn't like people seeing me in only a jersey and my underwear. It's uncomfortable. I went to my baggage and grabbed a pair of jeans, my boots and a jacket.

I threw them on, fixing my curls and letting them bounce on my shoulder. I didn't know where I was going, but Sebastian told me to dress casually. He came out after about fifteen minutes or so dressed in black jeans and a dark blue t-shirt. His shirt was skin tight and sexy on his muscular body and his jeans fit him perfectly which to come think of it, I'd never seen him in jeans before. Hmm, new experiences.

He grabbed the keys to the car that he had rented, and motioned for me to follow him out. The tension never seemed to have left the air even as we got into the car in the hotel's parking lot. It actually grew thicker and I was getting more uncomfortable than ever. I wasn't going to talk to him after the way he treated me earlier so I just unlocked my phone and scrolled through my feed.

Sebastian didn't seem like he wanted to speak either, probably because he was pretty deep in his own head. To the point where there were wrinkles in his forehead. Whatever he was thinking about, was stressing him—not that I cared anyway.