Chapter 30 (3/3)

Waddup folks? I hope you're strapped in and ready for the following chapter lol. This is my first time finishing a story here on Wattpad so yay to me haha. Anywho, please enjoy!!!

Song: W.D.Y.W.F.M by The Neighborhood
••••

"Momma, I got news." I was at my mom's place. It was a couple days later and I finally got the courage to go see her. Yes I was a grown woman, but I mean, she was still my mom and I was nervous as hell. I hadn't seen or spoken to her in a while, the last time being when I was in my pickle of a situation—roughly.

My sister was swelling and getting even more pregnant and I kind of felt guilty leaving her and my mother to run away with a man who had the potential to hurt me bad... Really bad. My sister was still in New York deciding that she would go to school until she absolutely could not and would then come home to get help with the baby. I was hoping that by then, I could be there for the birth but I didn't know if I would be shunned from the rest of my family—that is if my mother chose to tell them about what happened and why I would no longer be getting married.

"Like what? Please don't tell me that you're either pregnant or engaged." Yikes. That was fucking harsh man but, could I blame her though?

"None of the above." God, it may be worse actually, but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"Child stop playing with me. What is it then?" My fists were clenching because of how nervous I was so I took a deep breath trying to calm myself down a bit. This would be the second time a daughter of hers gets up and moves away from her. Knowing how she felt when my father left, I could only imagine how this would absolutely break her, but it had to be done. I had to put my happiness above others for once.

"Uh, well, I won't be around here for a while..." I said softly. I didn't want to elaborate but knowing my mother she'd want to know every detail; which could be seen as both a blessing and a curse.

"What does that mean exactly? I'm losing you here. Where are you going?" I looked away from her and down to my white painted toes.

"I don't know momma, but I'm going somewhere and it's not here. anywhere but here." I whispered, exasperated.

"Are you going by yourself? I'm still so confused. What do you mean by all of this Yevette?"

"I mean that I'm running away for a while. I'm gonna go to wherever and clear my head for a bit. I don't know how long that's gonna take but it has to be done. I'm unhappy here mom. Ever since what happened I don't feel welcomed here at all. Not even by you."

"I- okay, okay." She stayed silent for a bit, I assume to try and process the information I dumped on her. "Um well are you going alone or is your sister or someone going with you?" I thought so much about if I should tell  her that Sebastian would be acccompanying me on my runaway trip, and came to the conclusion that even if she were to shame me for continuously making bad decisions, it would only be temporary—the shaming—until I go away. A bonus I guess.

"No. Sebastian is going with me." I still refused to look her in the eye especially now that I told her.

"What?" She sounded shocked obviously so I took the chance of looking up at her.  Her face showed more than shock. Anger. Definitely anger. I felt like a small child in that moment who did something wrong and was about to get an ass whooping. She threw the cloth that she had over her shoulder and folded her arms glaring at me in disapproval. "How stupid are you Yevette? He's the same man who got you into this mess and you're going to god knows where with him? I thought I raised you better than this but I guess not." 

Damn. That went worse than I thought it would.

"Now I can't tell you what to do with your life because you're a grown ass woman apparently, but if something happens while you're gone, do not call me. Do I make myself clear?" I shook my head. She basically just disowned me unironically. I wouldn't lie, it hurt like a bitch. She refused to look at me after that giving me clipped responses. After a while, I could no longer handle the way she was acting so I decided to take my leave.