Chapter 8

Hola folks. Another chapter has reached your devices wheather phone, tablet or pc. Anyways enjoy also my birthday is TOMORROW(10-11-18/11-10-18)(whichever date you are familiar with. It's the 11th of Oct)!!! YAY ME. HMMM MAYBE I MIGHT GIVE YALL A LITTLE SURPRISE...

Song: Big City Nights, by Scorpions.
••••

"So what you're saying us that you can do a full split and juggle at the same time?"

"Mhm. I'm extremely flexible and I can sing, so if you ever need a singer, I'm your girl." It was around eight o'clock and Tuck and I were walking around the park, talking and laughing on our unexpected date. I was telling him more about myself as he was too.

"Ah, maybe you could sing for my birthday. I'd love that." He said shoving his hands into his pocket. The cool autum air licked at my legs as we continued walking.

"When is it?" I asked him stopping abruptly. My hair flung back and forth in the wind.

"In three weeks. Looking forwrd to spending more time with my daughter. We share the same birthday." Oh right... I forgot that he told me he had a daughter...

I wasn't going to lie, it shocked the shit out of me. I mean he's a young guy with a five year old kid. Apparently her name was Na'el, pronounced Naye-all. Personally I loved the name even though it wasn't exactly a common name. He also showed me a picture of her. She was mixed, seeing that she had a black mother.

"When will I be able to meet Na'el? She sounds like an angel."

"You seriously want to meet her? You don't want to run for the hills knowing that I have a child?" I shook my head.

"Any friend or family of yours, is a friend or family of mine." I looked at my phone screen. "Shoot! This date was the best thing since sliced bread, but I have to get going now. I have wor--" I cut myself off remembering that I had quit.

I didn't want to leave him, but I needed a shower and the world's longest nap.

"Ah I understand. I have to go finish my job at the store. This was so lovely Yevette, I would love for you to spontaneously show up at my job again for another date." Tuck was smiling now. It was so cute.

"Nah, next time you should bring your daughter so we can all have a date. Also don't forget to ask about the job opening." I said also smiling. He nodded and leaned in for a hug which I glady returned. The carpark for the bookstore was near to the park so we went our separate ways and I headed home. At last. Lord, what the hell did I get myself into?

I woke up feeling refreshed and energized. The birds chirped sweet melodies in my ear making me giggle. I had not felt this happy in years. I had finally removed all of the toxicity in my life and was able to be happy. I stretched my aching limbs and jumped out of bed making my way to the bathroom. As I viewed my reflection in the mirror, I saw a glow that I had not seen since the first time I had sex. And that was eons ago. Time did me dirty. I had time to exfoliate my skin and treat myself until regret kicked into my system. I rubbed a facial mask all over my face and headed to the kitchen for breakfast. Eggs, waffles and coffee. My go-to breakfast. It was quick and simple but most importantly, it was yummy. I ate then went back into the bathroom to wash off the mask, shower and brush my teeth.

After finishing my cleansing session, I changed into some loungy clothes and checked the time. It was eleven o'clock. I was shocked that he hadn't called me yet. Maybe he was testing me, to see if I was serious about not going to work again. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and almost dropped it when I viewed my notifications. Fourty fucking missed calls and twenty-two text messages all from one person alone... How does someone leave fourty missed calls? That was just plain ludicrous. I dialed the number feeling my glee slowly disappear, being replaced by anger and annoyance.