-18-

~Persphone~

I was resting very peacefully, sound asleep in my bed until my roommate's hands shook me awake. I open my eyes and set up very quickly looking around.

And then suddenly her two arms were around my neck, squeezing the life out of me.

"Oh thank God you are safe! I am so so so sorry about last night. I don't know what came over me!"

It took me a second to understand what she was talking about. It all felt like a dream to me still. I had to wonder if I was still sleeping.

But then memory started to flood, and I started to remember the underworld, I started to remember about Kevin. The shape-shifter that tried to eat me.

"What?"

Debbie let go of me. "I am so sorry for not giving you a ride yesterday. I am such a stupid friend; will you forgive me?"

I started to remember what H had said. the shapeshifter had controlled her mind, trying to get me alone with him, so that he could have me for dinner. I remember that H told me it was not her fault. And he was definitely right.

"Don't worry about it Debbie, I actually forgive you. Don't worry about it at all."

She smiled and she was so happy. " Do you want to go get breakfast together? We can go down to the cafe."

" Yeah sure, just let me shower please?"

" Definitely!"

I grabbed my clothes and went down to the shower room. Once I was done I felt all clean, getting rid of what happened last night.

I couldn't help but wonder about Hades and how he was doing at the moment. What was he even doing? Was it doing more of that work he was talking about.

Was he lonely? I wish I could have been with them right now. In his arms once again.

I just have to wonder with all the people in the world, why would he have any interest in me? I was nothing but an ordinary college kid.

I was naive, stupid, boring, and nothing that could have ever interest a king like him.

When I turn off the shower, I got dressed and that Debbie. we walk to the cafe arm's linked with each other. It was good to have a friend.

I wanted to ask her about last night, but when I did, she waved the topic off. I wasn't too sure why. She was so excited about going on her date all week, and now she doesn't want to say one word about it? I started to worry about her.

"So, what happened?"

"When Kevin caught up to me?"

"Wait he actually caught up with you? Why would he do that? I thought he said he was going home."

"It doesn't matter, I don't think we will see Kevin around anyways. But I did see H," I said, taking you very very long sip of my orange juice as I was looking at the corner of my eye, seeing Debbie's mouth dropping.

"Oh my god, that guy from a couple nights ago? You guys were together last night?"

"Not like that, truth be told Kevin was kind of a freak. And H had saved me from him. He happened to be in the neighborhood, so after he rescued me from Kevin, we just hung out."

"All night?!" Debbie said a little too loud. People turned their heads to our direction.

"yes, but then again it wasn't like that."

Debbie gave a good laugh. I tried to ask her one more time about her date from last night, but she just shook her head and said she rather not talk about it.

She informed me that she would no longer be taking me out on double dates, and she wanted to focus on her classes.

"Can I just live vicariously with you in this H guy? I need some romance in my life, but I don't have time for it I don't think."

"Romance?"

"Yeah totally!" Debbie said. "It sounds like you and this guy are destined for each other."

"Oh my God Debbie," I laughed. "It's not like that whatsoever. I think he's just being a really good friend."

"In bed," she mumbled before taking a sip of her milk. I kicked her under the table and we both started to laugh.

*-*-*

The most of the day, I got really got Debbie into the library, to actually study her subjects. I think she might have been a little grateful I was the nerd that I was.

I could help her with notes and focusing on assignments. We actually had a lot of fun, spending time together and being girls. I think it's something that everybody needed once in a while.

We got back to our dorm around 6 that night.

My phone went off, and it was H who is calling me. Debbie got all excited. "Answer him! Answer him now!"

"Okay okay," I said waving her off like a small little toddler. When I answered the phone, she tried her hardest to put her ear next to mine to see what he was saying.

"Good evening Persephone," Hades had said.

"Hi there H," I said trying to fight Debbie away from me.

"Did I call at a bad time?"

"No not at all!"

"Good, are you busy tonight?"

"Umm," was all that came out. I like to Debbie who shook her head violently. "No, I am not."

"Great, did you want to see each other? I am in town at the moment."

"Sure!"

"I will meet you at your dorm and say 15 minutes?"

"Yes!"

"Great, I will see you then. Until then," he said and hung up the phone. Debbie jumped around like a little child, clapping her hands together.

"Oh, my goodness, this is so exciting! This is like your third date with them now!"

"Would you count their first two as a date?"

"Yes!!! Go! Get ready!"

"What about you? What are you doing tonight?"

"Studying my ass off to keep my scholarship."

"Understood," I said, starting to get dressed.