-46-

We went to Hade's office, having me sit on the couch as Zeus looked me over. He put his beefy finger on my forehead, and saying to himself, "Yes, yes, I see."

I just raised an eyebrow. "What do you-"

"Shh, I have to focus."

He stared at my stomach, lifted my shirt slightly and placed his hand on it without warning. I looked over to Hades, who looked like he had fire in his eyes, ready to murder him. My mother had her lips tight and hovered over me. "Well?" she asked.

"Well, what?"

My mother narrowed her eyes. "Well, what can you do about it, oh so powerful one?" my mother said with attitude exploding in her tone.

"Oh, well, I am checking her stomach."

"For what?" Hades asked.

"She only ate six seeds."

We all gave Zeus a very confused look. We had no idea what he was going on about, and we all waited before my mother spat, "Well? What the hell is that suppose to mean?"

"She only ate six seeds of the fruit, correct? So, I have a deal for you guys. Persephone stays here, in the underworld for six months of the year, and come up to the suffering for the other six."

"Wait," my mother said. "How does that even work?"

"Persephone's case is different. She's a goddess. There is also another deal she can make. Promises to never come to the underworld again, and to lose all memory of Hades, she can be set free to live in the heavens or earth if she wishes."

"Brilliant," my mother said.

Zeus took his hand off my stomach. I quickly pulled my shirt down, remembering all the stories of him, and basically ran into Hade's arms. He wrapped both his arms around me, placing his chin on top of my head, and protecting me from the douchebag.

"I don't want her stuck here against her will," Hades said, his voice breaking.

"Oh, well," I started. My mother stared at me, making me gulp and wish I hadn't spoken.

"Persephone?" Hades said, letting me go. I turned around and faced him, wanting to speak to him and not my mother.

"Hades, I just, well, the thing is . . . it wouldn't really be against my will. I wouldn't mind staying here, with you. I don't want to forget about you."

"But Persephone, what if there comes a time you don't love me, and you don't want to be here."

"That's silly-"

"Persephone, Hades right. What if he doesn't love you forever?" my mother said. I felt my heart sink.

Hades grabbed my shoulders and made me look at him. "My love, you are the dearest thing to me. I couldn't stop loving you if I tried. You have given me so much light to my dark world. I would never stop loving you. However, if you ever stopped loving me, I do not want you trapped. I want you free, and happy. Even if happiness isn't with me. People set others free if they truly love them. Even if that means they will never remember you again."

I felt my tears coming to the surface of my eyes. I just shook my head, and wrapped myself around him, embracing him. He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tightly. I lost it and cried into his chest.

"I don't want to stop loving you."

"Love, my love, don't cry, please."

"I don't want to leave you, but I have a life up there. I don't know what to do, I'm so sorry, H, I am so sorry," I said, crying more into his chest. "Please don't make me forget about you, please, please, please. Please don't make me forget about you! I love you Hades! I want to be your queen, I want to be your wife. You make me a better person."

"And you make me a better person too, my love," Hades said. I could feel his tears dripping on top of my hair. "Please, don't make a choice you cannot undo."

I felt another hand on my shoulder. I let go of Hades, and turned to see my mother, crying her eyes out as well. "You truly love him, don't you?"

I wiped my tears away and slowly nodded. "Yes-s."

"I can see that now. Persephone, you are my child, and you will forever be my child. However, Hades is right. If you love someone, you should set them free. And, I love you more than anyone or anything in this world. That's why . . . you have my blessing to marry Hades."

My mouth dropped. "Really?"

"Yes, but, please! Finish school and have a life upon earth for you as well-"

I hugged my mother tightly. "Thank you, mom, Thank you!"

"School," she said. "Please finish."

She hugged me tightly. When she let go, she grabbed my hand and placed it in on Hades' hand. "You two be happy together."

"Demeter, thank you," Hades said.

My mother leaned in, face to face. "Though, you hurt my daughter I will personally rip you apart, and put you back together just to do it again. Got it?"

Hades eyes grew wide, and he nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

"Awe, when is the wedding?"

"After she finishes her schooling," Demeter yelled at Zeus.

"Wait, how would that work? Being here for six months, and six months up there?"

"Oh, well, I mean, it doesn't have to be straight through, you know? Like, it just has to add up to six months . . . so, yeah-"

"You're pulling this out of your ass, aren't you?" Hades asked in a deadpan tone.

"Whatever, so, Persephone? Little one? Do we have a deal?"

"Deal," I said, shaking his hand. 

Hello there! 

I am so sad for the story to be almost over! Just one more chapter  :,(   But all stories must come to an end. Thank you to everyone for keeping up and messaging me positive vibes about this story. 

I have been working on another story for a little while now. It's about Psyche and Eros, set in a morden time. I have so much fun and joy writing these stories. I have published it on my account and here is the link if you wish to check it out!: 

https://www.wattpad.com/704498001-when-eros-met-psyche-1

Love and butterflies, 

Luna Hart <3