-36-

I had  dreaded exams coming up for weeks on end, but when they finally do come, it was like a nuclear bomb that had went off

It was chaotic and messy, but it was gone in a flash. I had to learn the hard way that I would more likely wasn't going to be getting my grades for the next few weeks, possibly until next semester.

But all of my teachers have told me that even if I didn't walk in and take the exam I was going to pass anyway. So that was a good enough reason to feel good and celebrate. 

When I got back to the dorm, Debbie was there laying on her bed. "How did your exams go?"

"Good enough. . . You?" 

"Worried about English 1A, but that's about it. Everything is alright."
"Good."

She raised her head up and smiled at me. "So. . .you wanna go out tonight? You, me, H, and George?"

George was the newest guy that she was dating. He was actually a little bit different then the other one said she had been seeing. This one was a math major who wanted to be an engineer. He was a little dorky and socially awkward, but I think he was a good match for Debbie. And I actually felt like I could talk to him I like the other ones.

"Let me call H than." 

"No need," I heard a deep voice from the doorway. There he was, my future husband, standing in the doorway, crossing his arms and leaning against the frame. 

"Hades? What are you-"
"Debbie called me," he's out walking into the dorm, getting closer to me, letting me inhale his smell. 

"Debbie," I moaned.

Still laying on the bed, she shot up her right arm and gave us a thumbs up. "I wanna party, and I know you'll come if he did." 

"I still can't believe you guys talk," I laughed
Debbie sat up. "Hey, I have to know who is marrying my best friend here, okay? He may look good, he may talk good-"

"Talk good?" I laughed. "Yeah, you need to worry about your English exam."

"ANYWAYS! I have to keep my friends close, and my enemies closer." She hopped off the bed, and walked out the door. Only then did I realize she was actually all dressed up and ready to go.
I looked up to Hades, and he gave a smile. 

"When she dies, I'll make sure she has a good place to go in the Underworld."

I just laughed and told him to meet me down stairs and let me get dressed. 

"I can't watch?" 

"Out!" I said pushing him out the door.
*-*-*

Debbie always looked wonderful. She was just that type of person, someone interesting to look at, to be drawn into. She was wild, and her spirit was all over the place. Most people saw her as a party girl, and she was to their defense. But she was so much more than that. 

I didn't know what my wedding was going to look like, but if it was anything like the human world type wedding, I would want her to be my maid of honor. I never had a close friend like her.
That's why I was a little disappointed when I asked Hades if I could tell her, and him highly disagreeing. 

"I'm sorry Steffi, I can't stop you from doing it, but I need to highly go against it." 

She was such a close friend to me, and I was happy to have her in my life. That's why I was glad they were speaking to one another. 

On our walk to the local bar, they were joking and laughing and playing around. They acted like brother and sister, and it was so nice to see Hades lose up.
I could tell something was bugging him lately. 

"You're like scary good at this," Debbie told Hades as she stared at her fake ID. It was hard to believe that she was still just barely 20 years old.
"Just don't get into too much trouble, okay?"

"Steffi, shots with me?" 

"Hmm? Oh, what?" I asked, lost in my head. I felt like the eyes were back, watching me.

"Shots?" 

"Oh, well, I don't know."

Hades put an arm around my shoulder. He whispered in my ears, "Go have fun with your friend. I'll protect you."

I smiled at Debbie. "Ok, sure." 

Debbie did a little silly happy dance. "This is going to be the best night ever!"