-42-

I didn't remember when I started screaming, but I knew I couldn't stop. I watched the fear in my mother's eyes grow, and the anger in Hades. I couldn't hear myself, I didn't know what I was screaming, but I called out for them.

"I'll eat her soul," Echidna screamed.

"Let her go!" Hades called out.

"It's your choice. Make me the rightful Queen of the Underworld, and I will let her live," Echidna laughed, as if it were some funny joke.

"Hades, please," my mom begged him. "Please, save her."

I felt like I was floating, it wasn't until I saw the tears starting to form in his bright eyes, something I had never seen before, something I wanted to wipe away and give him nothing but happiness, it wasn't till then that I stopped screaming and crashed back into reality.

"This little screaming girl? This! This is your queen?!"

"Please, don't hurt her. . . you . . . you win," Hades said, his head lowering to the ground, feeling powerless.

That was all she needed to hear. She let me go, dropped me to the floor like I was trash. She walked over to Hades, and threw herself into his arms. I could tell Hades wanted her far away. but he wanted me safe, he struck a deal with her to keep me safe.

"Steffi," my mother ran to my side and hugged me. "Are you hurt?"

"No-o. I'm fine."

I stared at Hades and how she was all over him. I felt this fire in my belly, having it start out as a small Spark and slowly if somehow fast growing into a wildfire. I had never felt this way before. Something inside me snapped. The way that she called me weak, the way that she said I wasn't fit to be a queen. Something inside of me snapped when I saw her filthy dirty lips on the love of my life lips.

I felt this energy run through the course in my veins, exploding. something took over me, something that had never happened before. I raised my hand up aiming for her, in the spark of energy blasted her away.

"You stay away from him," I screamed.

Hades POV

It all happened so fast. Persephone was not in her right mind, and I knew what was happening. Her powers were forming, activating, coming all out at once. It was the anger and frustration in the fear, and the years of her own mother pressing her Godlike Powers down, it all exploded at once.

Persephone's eyes were glowing, the energy was getting to be too much for her little body. She was going to burn up, she wasn't strong enough yet for the type of power that was coming out of her. The energy was forming, blasting out of her hands. She kept blasting at Echidna, blasting her to the ground.

The energy around Persephone picked her up, letting her float above her. She screamed at Echidna, "Don't you dare touch him!"

Echidna was actually afraid. She was trying to back away, trying to get somewhere safe. "Persephone, I'm sorry-"

"I am Persephone, Queen of the Underworld. And you dared to disrespect me?" her voice was not hers. It was loud, deep, aggressive.

"Hades, what's going on?" Demeter asked.

"Persephone's power, they're coming all at once. She snapped, and this is what happened," I explained. I was angry at her, I wanted to tell her how much of an awful mother she was. But I had to save Steffi.

The energy started blowing everything in the room like a tornado. Soon, it was hard to even see Persephone.

"Steffi!" Demeter called.

"I'm going in," I said, trying my hardest to walk in the high wind.

I tried shielding my eyes from the debris, moving slowly Against the Wind. I reached her, at least five feet away from her, I could see her clearly. she turned to me her eyes still glowing like the sun was about to implode on her.

"Persephone, you need to stop this."

"I am a queen."

"You are a queen," I told her.

"And she will learn to not disrespect me. She must be punished, she must pay the price."

"Persephone, darling, this isn't you. You are angry, you are scared, but I am right here to help you, to guide you, to love you. Persephone, come back to me honey please."

"Who . . .who are you?"

"It's me, Hades. Your love one. You are me and I am you, we are one soul in two bodies."

"H-h-hades?"

I reached out for her hand. For the longest time, she just looked at it, but the Persephone I knew, grabbed onto it, and soon her eyes return to normal, energy was no longer blasting out of her like a firework. I pulled her close to me, taking in all the pain she was enduring.

I could never tell her how much pain I was in, how every inch of my power felt like it was being stabbed by knives. She didn't have to know that. I just wanted her, to have her safe.

Soon, the room calmed down, and we were still in each other's arms. She was softly crying into my chest. "Hades," she whimpered. "I'm so sorry."

I stroke her long beautiful red hair. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

In the distances, Demeter was staring at us but never interrupted. She held her hands together, close to her heart. I scooped Persephone up in my arms, her arms wrapping around my neck like a necklace.

Echidna was still on the floor, flabbergasted. I narrowed my eyes at her. "This is your first and only warning. I will destroy you if you ever come near my wife. I will feed your soul to Cerberus, put you back together, and let them destroy you again with their teeth. Do you understand me?"

She kept her head low. "Yes."

I started to walk off. Demeter came up to Echidna also, hands on her hips. Looking down at her, Demeter raised her hand and slapped her hard. "Bitch."

When Demeter catch up with us, we walked out the front door. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Hello! Sorry about the slow updates since it's been exam week for the last two weeks. I am also almost finished with this story, just a few more chapters. I want to wrap it up nicely. Thank you so much for all the reads and the people that love this story as much as I do, and the lovely messages I get. <3