-45-

In all of my time in Hade's home, I had never heard a doorbell. It was loud and rang through the house. I looked to him, "Honey . . . how long have you had that?"

"I don't have one . . . that's my brother," Hades sighed.

I could tell by his long face, this was not something he wanted to do. My mother was standing right behind me, holding onto my shoulder, trying not to let me go.

She was scared, and I could tell she was scared. We grew up so close together, I knew what was feeling most of the time. It didn't take a genius to see a mother's fear on her face.

"Wait, what do you mean?" I asked him, grabbing my mother's hand on my shoulder.

The large door swung open, and a rather tall and big man stood in the doorframe. He wore dark sunglasses, covering his top face, and his beard covering his bottom half. He looked like a rockstar stepping onto his stage.

He wore a white suit, and let his hair down long and flowy. I looked at his shoes, his sandals. He looked like he was an old man trying to fit into a college town.

He looked like a douche.

"Hades! Bro! What up my man?" Zeus nearly yelled. I think he was just speaking, but his tone made him sound like he was screaming at the world in a happy way.

Hades sighed. "Hello, brother."

Zeus opened his arms wide. "Bring it in-"

Hades slapped his arms away. "Brother, can you be serious for once?"

"Awe, don't be like they Hady Hade," Zeus smirked.

"Hady Hade?" I asked him. Hades pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Don't ask."

"And who is this?" Zeus said, eyes focusing on me. The way he looked at me, it felt so creepy. Bugs would have been more welcoming than his eyes. 

Hades bulked up, arm around my shoulder, bringing me in closer. I felt better, with those arms around me, those arms that protect me. "This is Persephone, my fiancé."

"No, this is Persephone, my daughter," my mother said, pulling me back from him. 

Zeus smiled at my mother. "Demi! Long time, no seen! What up girl-"

"Moron," my mother growled. I didn't care who this guy was, my mother's tone told me she was ready to snap his neck. "We have big problems. If we didn't, we wouldn't have called you. This is the last thing we wanted."

Luckily, he took the hint, gulping and asking, "So, what did you call me down here for?"

"We have a problem," Hades said. "Persephone ate fruit from the underworld."

"Why would you do that?" Zeus said looking to me.

I just shrugged, feeling like a small child. "I don't know," I whispered.

Hades narrowed his eyes. "I don't know Zeus, why do you have 92 children? It's called acting on impulse, and at least it was just fruit, unlike your loose whore self."

"Hey now . . . they may not all be mine." I had to close my eyes. My mother was right, Zeus was a moron. I had to question why he was in charge of everything.  

"She ate it because this nit-whit brainwashed her," my mother yelled, slapping Hades on the back of the head.

"Ouch?" Hades said, rubbing his head. "Don't hit me."

"Don't brainwash my daughter."

"Mom, he didn't brainwash me."

"Yes, he did!"

We started to argue more and more. Zeus raised his voice, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down, everyone. Let's breathe in." Zeus breathed in dramatic. "And out."

We are just stared at him. Then my mother said, "You're an idiot."

"Zeus, Persephone ate fruit down here, and now she is trapped. I don't want her to be trapped here," Hades told him.

"You don't?" Zeus questioned him.

Hades was taken back but shook it off. "Of course I don't."

"That sounds perfect to me though. She can't leave, she can be here for years and no one would care, and-"

"Zeus, stop it. Persephone is not one of your whores. She is the love of my life, and I want to marry her till the end of time, however, trapping someone in a relationship, that is not love. That is abuse. I want her to go and come as she pleases. Love is freeing."

I looked up to him, looking into his bright eyes. They seemed to sparkle, happiness dancing. I didn't realize it, but he looked happy because he was looking at me. 

I smiled at him, and he broke his straight edge lips and curved them into a happy smile to match mind. Looking at him, I felt love, safe, protected. It felt like whatever the world had to throw at us, I felt like we would be okay. 

"You really mean that?" 

"Of course I do, my love," he told me.

I knew it would be okay. 

"I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too," he whispered back. Hearing those words always gave me butterflies in my stomach. 

"Ew, get a room," Zeus rolled his eyes.

"92! Zeus! 92!" Hades yelled. 

"Yeah, yeah, let me see what I can do. Only because you kids look so cute."

I whispered to Hades and joked, "Probably because we aren't his kid's." 

Hello everyone! 

I believe at this point, there maybe possibly five more updates I will do for this story! (I am so sad to end it! But all fun things must come to an end). I am writing the starting chapters for the next story. 

Hint: It's going to be a greek mythology couple :D

Let me know what you guys think of Zeus! What do you think of Hades and Demeter fighting over Steffi? 

Thank you so much for sticking to this story. It means the world to me <3

-Luna Hart