Birthday

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

September 13th, 2005

Birthdays were something the Cullens hadn't celebrated since they were human. They never aged meaning there was no point of a birthday when you always stayed the same. They were frozen in a perfect state for eternity. Some people would call it a blessing and some would call it a curse, it all depends on from what side you are looking at it.

So of course when Alice found out Bella's birthday was coming up she knew a birthday party was something that had to happen. When Natalia found out she was also happy and excited for the day, Rosalie, on the other hand, wasn't as excited about the girl's birthday but went with it to ease the tension to which Natalia was very grateful for knowing how much her sister disliked Bella. 

Alice would use any opportunity she has to make a party in their house so when she heard about Bella's birthday she said that a party just has to happen whether she likes it or not.

While Edward, Alice, and Jasper left to go to school in the morning the rest already started to make the house ready for the evening. When it came to Alice everything had to be absolutely perfect, even the clothes of course. Alice spent hours making Natalia try on different types of dresses that she owned, she wasn't human but it still made her slightly tired at the end.

It's not that the blonde didn't like fashion and dress up because she did, Rosalie, Alice, and she would often go shopping together. But when it came to Alice picking your outfit it was a completely different situation.

♡♡♡♡♡

As Bella and Edward walked into a room the brunette's eyes fell on a painting that hung on the wall. It was an old painting from around the early 1800s hundred, she knew it wasn't a painting made by Natalia because even though the girl had a talent for art she didn't paint like this, her paintings often were of flowers, animals and the people she loved. As she walked closer to the painting her eyes fell on two blonde-haired figures in the top right corner of the balcony that were nearly hidden by the pillar, they kept their distance from the three vampires in the middle as if they didn't even want to be there. Edward noticed Bella's sudden interest in the Volturi so he decided to speak up about them.

"They are the Volturi, I guess they are the closest thing to royalty my world has."

"Is that Carlisle and Natalia?" Bella asked as Edward looked over at the two painted vampires. Carlisle and Natalia would often speak about their experience of living in the Volterra and how they worked.

"Yeah, they lived with them for a century. They described them as very refined, with no respect for human life of course, but with respect to the arts and sciences at least, and the law, above all the law." Edward's answer made Bella look up at him interested.