The burning

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

When they got to the battlefield Natalia saw a pile of newborn bodies stacked on each other being burned. She calmed down when she saw that no one from her family and the pack got injured during the fight. As they got closer Natalia noticed a girl she didn't recognize, she looked young, far too young to be turned into a vampire. She had long brown hair and her face showed worry and anxiety.

Natalia walked over to the girl with a friendly smile.

"Hello, and who might you be?" Natalia walked over to the girl too quietly causing her to let off a squeal while jumping. But when the brunette looked into the girl's warm golden eyes she calmed down right away. She felt safe beside the girl, she gave off a peaceful feeling of her.

"Bree. Bree Tanner.." A wide smile welcomed itself on Natalia's face as she brought out her and towards Bree for a handshake.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Bree. My name is Natalia. Are you going to be staying with us?" Slowly the younger girl grabbed Natalia's hand shaking it while nodding.

"Yes, uh Carlisle said it was okay..." The smile never left Natalia's mouth as she let go of the girl's hand.

"Well, I'm excited to get to know you better." The reason Natalia was so happy with the girl now being a part of their coven was that she would have someone else who wouldn't be married in the house. Of course, she loved every person in the house but since Edward got together with Bella Natalia was left as the only person in the house that was alone and tended to get lonely.

"How long?" Edwards' voice made the two girls look away from each other and focus on the conversation that was happening beside the fire.

"A few minutes. Maybe ten?" When she heard Alice saying this Natalia put her hand on Bree's shoulder and guided her in the direction of the rest. She stood beside Rosalie who when saw the shorter girl smiled.

Carlisle looked back at the pack before speaking "The pack needs to leave."

"The Volturi won't honour a truce with the werewolves." Said Edward agreeing with Carlisle. Natalia nodded while Bree looked over at her confused not knowing fully who the Volturi were.

"Who's the Volturi," Bree whispered to Natalia but the rest were also able to hear it except Bella. Natalia looked over at the girl with a smile.

"You can say they are somewhat the ones that make the rules in the vampire world." That explanation was enough for Bree who nodded her head looking forward.

The sound of a wolf's growl made Natalia look away from the fire and back to see a white wolf jumping at a newborn which must have hidden during the fight. The group could already hear and see that the wolf was no match for the vampire.

"Leah don't!" Edward pulled away from Bella and charged in their direction but Jacob was able to get there before Edward ripping him away from Leah. But unfortunately for Jacob, the newborn was able to grab onto his back and break his ribs. He let go of Jacob who fell to the floor giving the two other wolves a chance to attack him and kill the newborn.