Graduation

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Graduation is supposed to be the happiest day of a student's life because they are finally free from high school. But when you graduate from high school the number of times the Cullen's have it becomes just another diploma they can add to their growing list.

But this doesn't mean that every time the Cullen's graduate it means completely nothing, they still enjoy it just maybe not in the same way all the other students do. Of course, this graduation was different because Edward was with Bella and because of the party that was going to happen after.

This thought made Natalia sit beside Alice with a bigger smile than usual because they would be celebrating with other people.

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president... Or, in my case, a princess. When we were ten they asked again. We answered, rock star, cowboy. Or, in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how about this? Who the hell knows?" The crowd cheered applauding the girl. Natalia smiled proudly at Jessica because of how well she wrote her speech. 

"This isn't the time to make hard-and-fast decisions. This is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love, a lot. Major in philosophy, because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind, and change it again, because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask what we want to be... we won't have to guess. We'll know." Natalia smiled down knowingly as the crowd cheered again, if only it was that easy for her to fall in love again. So she could fill in the hole in her heart. But how can she fall in love when no one comes at least near enough?

When they came back home as the party got in full swing Natalia went up into her room quietly to do something first. It was a little tradition Natalia had made for herself each time she would graduate from high school and sometimes even college. A little painting of her father stood on the table making her smile. She brought out her diploma and placed it in front of her father's painting.

The painting perfectly showed her father, he had the same stone-cold expression and a glass of alcohol in his hand.

"Look at this father! I have another diploma I can add to my collection! I wish you could see this or be here and maybe even congratulate me, but I know you are looking down at me smiling proudly at what I did." The blonde went to many colleges and once even studied law, everyone except Carlisle was shocked to hear this because she just didn't have the character for a lawyer.

But she didn't do it for herself but for her father, she wanted something to make her feel closer to her father. A voice in the room made Natalia look away from the picture.

"What are you doing here? You should be downstairs enjoying yourself." Alice said as she stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips. Natalia laughed putting her diploma back on the desk.