10. Mint chocochip!

Hey!
May this dussehra brings all the good things for you and your families!
Subho bijoya!
Enjoy the MaNanlacious update.

~ You know each other a little better everyday, when you stay together. The little flaws, the unbashed smiles, the perky habits, and it's all a beautiful experience~

Manik came out wiping his face with the hand towel, changed into his vest and tracks, when Nandini entered, with the smile he adored.

"Umm, I know it's dinner time but can we have Ice cream as dinner?", Nandini asked making an extra adorable face batting her eyelashes at him, putting up her best smile in view, and silently praying in her heart for him to agree. She really really wanted to hog on a tub of ice cream for the night.

Manik stared at her for a few seconds, building the anticipation in Nandini, who was staring back at her with so much hope, and then finally gave her a mischievous glint. Only If she knew she didn't need to be extra cute to make him agree.

" Just remember a fact, I am always, and I mean, always, ready for an ice cream!", His reply went over her head over two complete minutes before finally dawning on her, and a reflex curve formed on her face. She let out a chuckle, watching the baby glint in him for the first time in the history of knowing him.

"So chocolate?", Nandini asked the flavour, as they walked out together into the drawing room.

" No. Mint choco chip!", Manik rubbed his hands together, remincing the flavour in his mind, while Nandini stopped to glare at him with hands on her hip.

" Mint? Ice cream? Seriously?", She asked again to confirm.

How could someone deny chocolate ice cream?

Manik shrugged, not budging, and at the same time, ordering the two tubs online.

They both sat on the couch in the meanwhile, Nandini put a pillow on her lap, and rested her elbows on it.

" By the way, you don't seem ice-cream type!", Nandini commented, tongue in check, trying to tease him.

" There is type for ice-cream?", He raised his brow in question, and Nandini giggled to it.

He shook his head at her childishness, but inside, his heart swelled watching her laugh. He had hurt her in the morning, and there was a guilt inside him for the same, but now, making her laugh, wiped it away.

The slate was clean again.

The doorbell rang as the boy delivered them their order. Manik paid him, and by the time he turned, Nandini had already grabbed her spoon and sat down with her tub. Shaking his head lightly, he unconsciously bit his lip at the sight of his wife, before walking to her who was already moaning in delight as the icecream melted in her mouth.

Manik turned to grab a spoon for himself when Nandini held his wrist, showing him another spoon she had brought for him, already.

She could see his eyes going wide at that, at her extremely simple gesture, and that made Nandini realize the hesistance he had developed over years inside him.

Manik took the spoon from her, not really understanding what to make of it, but the icecream was tempting, and it was better to focus on it. He put a bite in his mouth and moaned happily, immediately putting one more bite in, eating like a child. Nandini watched him, and somehow felt jealous of him.

Can mint chocochip really be more tasty than chocolate?

Manik stopped and looked at her, who was looking at him already with a quetsioning face.