28. Inside Their Hearts

~ Oh how I wish, people saw intimacy via hearts and not via the lack of clothes! ~

A few hours down, Nandini moved restlessly in her sleep, trying to block that constant ray of light falling on her face and disturbing her beauty sleep. She turned to her side, wanting to hide her face in his chest, but when her hand found nothing but a pillow, she sat up with a jerk, her eyes wandering all over the room in the dark, trying to locate that one silhouette that she loved near her, but when all she could see was a slightly left open washroom door, she couldn't help but panick.

Throwing off the covers, she hurriedly ran the ten steps to the washroom, her heart in her mouth as all the bad scenarios possible rummaged her mind.

Was he throwing up?

Or wait, was he- was he crying like he said he did?

Was it a migraine again?

Ten seconds but the questions that threatened her were too many, all put to rest though as her eyes scanned a fairly empty washroom. He probably had forgotten to switch off the lights. Frowning, she made her way out of the bedroom, only to be welcomed by darkness again.

The living room lights were still off, but Nandini felt a smile forming on her lips as she saw the kitchen lights on.

Of course! Where else could he be, if not with her?

She entered the kitchen and stood leaning to the wall, her eyes fixed on the man she called her husband, who was sitting on the kitchen platform, gobbling the contents from a bowl that she presumed had some rice and daal mixed together, and some mango pickle. She watched him making cute faces to himself, his hand still finding it troubling to coordinate with the brain as the food spilled.

He was still quite drunk, she concluded as she walked forward to take the bowl from his hand, surprising him.

Though the surprise satyed just for a second because in the next moment, he opened his mouth wide like a kid, knowing well she was going to feed him. And she did.

Spoon by spoon, mixing bites of the pickle, she fed him the entire bowl and then wiped his mouth after passing him some water. He sat happy, smiling, and though both of them hadn't exchanged a word, the communication said a lot.

Once done, she extended her hand for him to hold, which he happily complied jumping off the kitchen platform, but owing to his height and her lack there off, they both stumbled with Nandini falling backwords, and him on her, resting on the wall behind.

"Oops!", Manik giggled while Nandini calmed herself down after the Unexpected adrenaline rush. She really thought she was going to fall and break her spine.

She was so busy fixing her kurta that she didn't get the change to change from last night, that she missed the look on Manik's face, who was staring at her, lost in her carless expressions.

"Nandini!", it was the way his voice sounded that made her stop in her tracks and look up, into his eyes. They were wide, and he was staring at her with such passion that she actually felt striped naked under his gaze.

Who knew even eyes could turn you on, so fast?

"Manik", she almost whispered, trying to break the trance she was drawn towards but that only made him lean more, close any palpable distance between them as he rested his forehead on hers.

Her breaths were heavy, and wanting. She was anticipating things to heat up and hence to say she was flabbergasted with his next set of words would be an understatement.

"Hold me Nandini, hold me tight!", his breaths fanned her face, the strong stench of alcohol almost made her cringe but his eyes, it was his eyes that demanded her immediate attention, with the way he was looking at her.