36. Hand In Hand!

Note: Hello fam. Finally the update! And for all of you who wished me good health, I am better. Fit and fine actually. The allergy lasts a few days at max before subsiding completely.

Enough of rant. Enjoy the update now!

~ I was homsick for a certain pair of arms and didn't even know until you held me close~

Nandini kept her hands on her mouth to stiffle another bout of laughter when she heard her husband's stammering. Slowing down the tap she tried to listen what answers was he giving to the looks and questions of the housekeeping staff, but failed miserably, and ended up chuckling to herself.

Outside Manik was having a hard time escaping the smiles and smirks of both the girls from housekeeping, who were giving each other sly glands as they picked up the ruined covers, sheets and curtains alongside the ice-cream tub and scattered spoons. They didn't ask or speak anything directly, they were trained not to, but the way they were staring at him, made Manik highly uncomfortable.

Keeping his distance, his softly knocked the washroom door.

"Nandini!!!!", his whisper was impatient and urgent and it made Nandini stop giggling for a few seconds.

"Please come out, these girls-", Manik couldn't even finish the sentence because as soon as he said 'girls', those alleged girls heard a yelp and the man was lost inside the washroom, leaving them deprived of the eye candy.

Manik stumbled a little before holding on to Nandini who was giving him all cute pouts and couldn't help but chuckle at the sheer jealousy in her eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me it was girls, the staff?", she flared her nose, and Manik shrugged, lightly tapping on her nose playfully.

"Why did you run into the washroom as soon as they knocked?", he counter questioned, making Nandini roll her lips in annoyance. He was right, she acted too impulsive sometimes.

Manik raised a brow when he took her in fully clothed form, wet only a little from the tap splashes since she turn all of them on to pretend she was showering. Nandini immediately got conscious, squirming at her place at his gaze. Manik exhaled, the bunch of cuteness he had for his wife sometimes amazed her.

Didn't she acted all bold and seducing just last night?

Shaking his head at her, he gently cupped the side of her head to drop a kiss on the top of her head. It immediately calmed down Nandini, all her fuzziness gone and her usually red cheeks back. She huged him and rested her head on his chest, both staying still for sometime as they tried to take in the closeness.

But then, that was Nandini you were talking about, she could not have an opportunity and not trouble Manik. So using her left hand, she abruptly turned on the shower and pushed him under it. It came as unexpected shock for Manik and he shuddered under the water for a moment while his mind registered what actually happened. When he did, it was Nandini's turn to be shocked because he randomly pulled her in, and as the cold watet dribbled down their bodies, Nandini stared wide eyed having goosebumps because her husband was busy tracing her lower lip with his thumb, then her hands and lastly he rested them on the sides of her waist and pulled her completely in, letting a gasp out of her as finally the torture ended with his lips finding hers.