11. Blooming Love!

~ Love is an answer, and you know that for sure.
Love is a flower, and you have to let it grow.
- John Lennon.~

It had been one month to their marriage, and the awkwardness between them had decreased, to a greater extent. Well, specifically, Nandini was never hesistant to begin with, she had accepted Manik as her life partner the day she agreed for the marriage. But Manik had, a lot of it in his plate and it had taken a lot from Nandini's side to soothe him out of that unwanted gestures. He had stopped being frozen Everytime she would help him put up the blazer, or be surprised when she would pack him lunch. They had fallen into a routine, and Nandini had rejoined her job at the college too. They spent the alternate weekends with either her Appa or The Chatterjees, enjoying brunch or a light dinner, while the remaining weekends they would spend in their own home, being cozy and lazy, together.

It was one such Friday, when Nandini called Manik from her college.

"Hey!", She greeted him, adjusting the strap of her watch on her hand.

"Hi! Everything alright?", He asked immediately, since it was not everyday she would call him at 5 in the evening.

Tujhe paaya nhi hai, fir bhi, khone see dar rha hu,
Chup chup k tujhse tera chehra Mai padh rha hu!

Nandini giggled at his tensed voice.

" Yup. Just to inform you, I am going shopping with my colleagues, and I think we might get late. Pick me up from Infinity Mall, while returning?", She spoke, and simultaneously elbowed Suman, her friend and colleague who was teasing her.

" Oh, yeah fine, alright. See you in the evening then!", Manik relaxed, and they ended the call.

Fifteen minutes later, Nandini received a message of her bank account being credited with some money.

Before she could react, her Whatsapp pinged.

" Don't make faces, have fun!".

These small, subtle gestures made Manik, Manik and also, made Nandini adore him. She knew it wasn't because she couldn't afford her shopping, or he was being generous. It was simply his way to show he cared.

Thode aansu, thodi yaadein,
Thodi chahat, thode vaaden!

Suman danced as she caught Nandini smiling into the phone.

" I think I brought wrong company, for Mrs is busy with her mister!", Suman teased again, and Nandini laughed.

" Just wait till you get married baby!", Nandini teased back, and the friends started laughing, walking towards the mall.

Midway shopping, it struck Nandini that she could buy Manik a shirt or something too. So, she ran her hands through the men section, hoping something would catch her eyes, but she didn't find anything worth it. Disappointed, she was about to exit that shop when her gaze fell on a customizing shop, who were making coffee mugs, keychains and other similar stuff on custom demand.

Nandini dragged Suman with her to the shop, asking her to help with the gift. Fiddling with a long list, Nandini finally zeroed down on a key chain, and she was told she could ask them to write anything in that key chain!

" Suman, help me, shall I make a keychain of his name? Or a quote? Hakuna Matata or something?", Nandini asked Suman who started laughing, watching her fret.