38. (Un) Expected Reactions!!

~ And suddenly, all my world revolved around was You. Your thoughts, your eyes and your heart, and then I realized, I know you much more than I thought I did ~

Nandini was standing in front of the mirror, curling her hair, with a silly grin plastered on her face. Tucking in her yellow danglers in her ears, she thought about the time when she used to laugh on everything she was enjoying so much now. Getting ready for someone special, roaming around the city hand in hand, enjoying the local delicacies and teasing each other about anything, all these looked like cheese and butter dripping to her, and now, she was savouring every bit of the same.

Manik was sitting on the bed, scrolling through his phone. Out of the many habits he had picked up from his better half, checking social media was one, but his eyes were not catching anything he was scrolling. They were fixed on the mirror, where he could see her reflection while she continued to smile to herself, unbothered. Her hands were working in sync as she got ready but he could see she was in some other world, and for some reason he didn't need to ponder. He just knew she was thinking about him, about them.

When you live with somebody you start to pick upon their personalities, their habits and so much more. Manik felt like he could just look at her and tell what smile meant what. Nandini was a lively girl, yet her smiles were different on different occasions. Her cheeks turned pink when she smiled shying, or when she was thinking about him. Her eyes cringed when she was over the top happy and her smile when she was overwhelmed was different. He couldn't really explain the details, but he just knew.

Nandini turned, all ready to find her husband staring at her, yet lost. She raised her eyebrows and walked upto him but he was still staring at the mirror, too lost in thinking about the technical aspects of her various smiles. Biting her lips, Nandini smirked and bent down near his right ear, opposite to the side he was staring at and screamed.

"BOOOOOO".

"AAAAAAHHH", Manik screamed back, suddenly startled and found his wife laughing holding her stomach as she sat on the bed, laughing so hard that she had literal tears in her eyes.

"Nandini yaar", Manik whined, of course no man likes to be frightened like that.

"I should have recorded it, your face-", Nandini began laughing again, and that eventually made him chuckle.

Manik's cell phone rang breaking the laughing cycle and while Nandini fixed her dress, Manik attended Abhik's call.

"What???", this time Manik shouted loud startling Nandini who jumped on her place, and immediately scooted closer to him to see what went wrong.

As Manik continued to talk, Nandini frowned because by the intensity of his 'What' she was certain there had been an earthquake somewhere but right now, she could see him smile wide as his eyes shined in sheer excitement. Manik ended the call and looked at Nandini, before suddenly holding her shoulders and twirling her around the room, making her giggle at his excitement.

"Atleast tell me what happened?", she asked huffing once he put her down, and she took a calmer breath.

"The idoit Abhik finally got the guts to propose Anushree and somehow she turned blind and deaf to tell him a yes. It's their Ashirwaad (engagement in Bengali customs) next weekend", Nandini jumped herself this time, elated at the news. She knew how long Maa had been waiting for the same, but Abhik was scared and delaying it all.