53. Surprise?

~ Loving you is my favourite thing to do but making you smile, that's what make me thrive~

"Happy birthday Husband Malhotra", Nandini whispered in his ears, as soon as the clock struck twelve. Manik grinned at her wish, and pulled her close, looking at her, his brown eyes shining with glee.

"Such a dry wish Nandini", he smirked, raising an eyebrow, and Nandini immediately pouted, ready to break into one or her drama spree even when she fully understood what Manik was hinting at.

"They are right, Men can never be satisfied", Nandini started to shake her head melodramatically, "No matter what the wives do. I made all this arrangements, wrote all these reasons, amidst a wedding where I was present for most time too, and see what I get for all the hard work - my husband calling it all a dry wish", she threw her hands in air, and looked up as if complaining to the almighty above, cursing her fate.

Manik gaped at her for two seconds and then burst out laughing. Nandini rolled in her lips, but could not help but smile subtly at his actions. Holding his stomach, he was bending a little and laughing so hard that a small tear had escaped his right eye. Nandini immediately closed her eyes and actually sent a prayer to her Aiyappa. Manik's laughter was undoubtedly her favourite sound in the entire world and she wanted her Aiyappa to protect it at all damn costs.

When she opened her eyes, Manik was standing right in front of her, their faces half in inch apart. He smirked when he saw her eyes going wide at the sudden proximity, but before she could even react, she felt Manik's left hand crawling through the slit of her saree and resting on her back. He pulled her to him with a jerk and she gasped, having lost her ability to speak it seemed.

"A dry wish isn't something I am settling for", his fingers traced the outline of her jaw sensuosly and she gasped when he spoke the words, his lips brushing with hers and before she knew it, he was kissing the life out of her, making her squirm i...

"A dry wish isn't something I am settling for", his fingers traced the outline of her jaw sensuosly and she gasped when he spoke the words, his lips brushing with hers and before she knew it, he was kissing the life out of her, making her squirm in her hold as he got his wish the way they wanted.

When they broke apart, Nandini flushed because he would not stop staring at her. His head tilted, lips drawn in a smile, it was a sight that Nandini knew she would remember forever. The kind of serenity he was radiating, she didn't need him to tell her how happy he was, or that her efforts had paid off. Shaking her head lightly, she giggled and held his wrist.

"Let's cut the cake? We don't want to miss the entire wedding!", Nandini smiled, and Manik agreed, kissing the top of her head, making her grin again.

His eyes roamed around the entire room but he could not find any cake. Confused he looked at her wife, who was grinning yet again, at the success of her cake hiding spot. Manik sighed audibly, there was no way he could win with his wife, she was a pro at organising surprises.

Satisfied at that, she stood on her toes and blind folded him, and then guided him across the room, towards the balcony and Manik was only shocked for umpteenth time of that night.