Betty Cooper: Bring Me Back

Based Off: Our July In The Rain by He Is We

"What do you mean Betty?" You asked as tears welled up in her eyes. "We're over." Tears fell down your cheeks as you watched the blonde girl cry in front of you. Before you could ask any more questions, she told you to leave. Her mom questioned you as you ran out of the house, never seeing you this upset before.

Two weeks went by, every day just as hard as the previous. Every time you and Betty locked eyes in the hall, your heart broke just a little bit more. Every time you saw her smile, your gut churned knowing it wasn't you causing that smile.

"(Y/N)! You should perform at the talent show! We are putting it together to help make the merging of schools a little easier," Josie said as she stopped you in the hall, handing you a bright flyer. You smiled at her as you looked at the bright piece of paper, telling her you might consider it. She begged you, you finally caving into the smiling girl.

"Yay! The first auditions are next week, I can't wait to see you there!" Josie said before you walked away. When you got to your abandoned lunch table, Valerie sat down next to you. "You gonna perform at the talent show?" The two of you weren't the best of friends, but you guys did talk.

"I have a couple ideas," you mumbled as you picked at your food. "What are they?" She asked, her eyes full of curiosity. "If I do perform, I was thinking Our July In The Rain by He Is We," you said, still picking at your food. "I know that song by heart. If you don't want to get on stage alone, I can help play the piano or something," she said, knowing why you chose that song.

You smiled as you looked at her. "Yeah, that'd be great." As you two made plans, Betty watched. She felt a sting in her chest as she saw you and Valerie laugh together and smile. She'd never admit it, but she wanted you back. She needed you back in her arms. The way you used to cuddle her when she didn't feel good and the way you used to smother her face with kisses after she was done with cheer practice.

"Alright, welcome to the stage (Y/N) and Valerie! They are going to perform Our July In The Rain by He Is We!" Kevin said as he smiled and signaled for you guys to take your spots on stage. Both you and Valerie smiled at the crowd as she started with the intro to the song.

"Bring me back to holding hands in the rain, I swear I'd ease your pain. Lift you up so you could see the love you are to me.

Why'd I have to go and do you like that? Thought I'd moved on, then you brought me right back. To the night you took my kiss away from me. I took yours too, then I lost you." Tears started to build up in Betty's eyes, you trying to hold your own down. As the song went on, Veronica tried to comfort her friend.

"Every part of me is broken now. I tried to scream but nothing came out. Drop my pride and I reveal my inside, and it all came pouring out," a tear slipped down your cheek as you continued on with the song. When you looked back at Valerie, she gave you a soft smile trying to encourage you to keep going.

When the last line of the song left your mouth, Betty ran out of the theatre. Everyone watched as you made your way off the stage. Kevin quickly rushed to the middle of the stage, introducing the next act.

Valerie rushed after you as you slid down a wall in the baren hallway. She comforted you as you cried into her shoulder. A door shut, making both of you turn your head. Betty walked down the hall, Valerie excusing herself.

Betty sat down next to you, trying to stop her own tears. She looked at your hand that was resting on the ground, putting her own over it. You squeezed it, looking up at her. "I'm so sorry Betty. I was horrible, I treated you horrible. I put my music before you and I shouldn't have done that. God, I'm such an idiot. I lost the best thing th-"

Your sentence was cut short, Betty pressing her lips to yours. You melted into the kiss, your arms wrapping around her waist. "We both made mistakes but we have to learn to evolve. I know I'm the one who broke it off, but what do you think about trying us again?" "Yes, a million times yes," you mumbled as you pulled her closer to you.

"How about we go finish watching the show?" "I'd fix your mascara first, no one looks good with streaky makeup," Cheryl said as she walked down the hall. Both Betty and yourself jumped, hearing Cheryl chuckled as she walked away. "They are so endgame," Toni said as Cheryl met her at the front doors of the school. "For sure."