Fangs Fogarty: Sorrow

!Trigger warning! Sad, mentions of death

You sat in the Wyrm, watching as everyone prepared for the battle between the serpents and the ghoulies. No matter how much you argued, they didn't want you in the hospital with Fangs so you stayed at the Wyrm. Jughead and Sweet Pea started yelling at each other, no one stepping in to stop them.

Jughead was against the battle and Pea was for it, not that you were surprised. "ENOUGH!" Fp shouted, causing you to jump. Everyone gathered around him, wanting to hear how Fangs was doing. "Fangs didn't make it."

Your breath hitched as you collapsed to the ground. No one noticed you in the back of the bar except for Jughead. As the serpents held up their hands, Jughead and yourself were the only ones who didn't. The two Jones' went home as serpents kept preparing for the battle.

Toni noticed you in the corner and slowly made her way over to you. Sobs racked your body as she held you close. "Why was it him Toni? Why couldn't have been one of those damn northsiders?" You shouted as people turned to you.

More tears streamed down your face as she told you to let it out. Your hands slammed into the wall, making a fist-sized hole in it. Sweet Pea walked over and pulled you away from the wall, letting you hit his chest as he tried to calm you down.

Your punches got weaker as your energy drained, not noticing the tears streaming down Sweet Pea and Toni's faces.

Toni's phone started to go off, everyone waiting to hear what was going on. "Jughead sacrificed himself to the Ghoulies, we have to go!" She shouted as she ran to the door. You followed Pea and got on the back of his bike.

Once you guys go to where Penny was, you all started to look for the boy. Fp already gone and in the woods.

As he emerged from the woods, he had a bloody and unconscious Jughead in his arms. More tears streamed down your face as you clung onto Sweet Pea. Cheryl and Toni held each other as Fp rushed to get Jughead to the hospital.

The next couple days went by in a blur as you got ready for the burial. You didn't even bother with makeup because you knew you were gonna cry. "Are you ready?" Sweet Pea asked in the softest voice you had ever heard from him.

You nodded and walked with him to his bike. Every serpent was filled with sorrow as you all rode to the graveyard. After you buried the fallen serpent, everyone was going to do a last ride in his honor.

"Fangs Fogarty was a friend, brother, and lover but most of all he was a serpent. He will always be remembered as a brave soul who was willing to die for any of us. For some final words, we have two of his closest confidants."

Sweet Pea helped you walk up to the front of the group. You scanned over the group and saw a group of Bulldogs in the back. A scowl fell across Sweet Pea's face as he saw them but it fell when he saw how guilty they all were.

"Fangs was my best friend, he would've given his life for any of us. Even with his killer caught, I will not stop until his death is avenged. I will never forget him," as Sweet Pea continued with his sentence, his voice started to break and tears streamed down his face.

No one had ever seen the boy break down, you being the only person to comfort him. "I guess it's my turn to say something," you said as you twiddled with your hands and looked at the casket as tears formed in your eyes.

"Fangs was the best man I knew and I loved him with my whole heart. To the northsiders that are listening, forgive and forget. There is nothing we can do now to bring him or Midge back. He never intended to hurt anyone, he was just a confused teenage boy. The look on his face when we were about to leave that sheriff's station was one of a confused and scared boy. That's not how I want him to be remembered.

I want him to be remembered as the goofy and kind man he was. How he was willing to fight anyone that dare hurt me or Toni and how him and Sweet Pea would sneak all of us out of class so we could go to the quarry and have fun. I want him to be remembered as the man who gave his all in our relationship and would have been an amazing fathe-"

Before you could get the word out, you broke down in front of the group. Sweet Pea pulled you to him as Toni walked up to the two of you. Serpents hung their heads low as some cried for the boy. The service continued and you didn't leave Toni's and Sweet Pea's side the entire time.

You kept a hand on your stomach, Sweet Pea on guard the entire time whenever a Bulldog tried to come near you.

As you went to walk away from the casket, the Bulldogs walked up to you. Sweet Pea stepping in front of you as Toni pulled you close. "What do you want, mutts?" Sweet Pea spat, his voice full of anger and hatred.

"We wanted to apologize," Moose said as he looked at you with a sorrowful glance. Pea growled as he stepped closer to the group. "Sweet Pea, it's okay," you whispered as you placed a hand on his arm. He looked back at you and his face softened as you gave him a slight smile.

"There's nothing you guys could have done to prevent this, but stay away from me forever. Especially you, Reggie."

You walked away from the group of Bulldogs, Sweet Pea giving you Fangs helmet as you got back to the bikes. You slipped it on with ease and got on the back of the bike. More tears threatened to spill as the smell of him filled your nose, but you refused to cry.

He wouldn't want you to cry forever. That's the only thing that kept you from losing your shit as all the serpents drove down the road and through town, everyone on the streets watching.

After a week of mourning and making sure Jughead was okay, it was time for a serpent meeting. "We had these in the making for a while," Fp said as he held the jackets in his hands. "Congratulations Sweet Pea," he said as he handed the boy one of the leather jackets. Fp handed you the other with a solemn look, you smiling as you put it on in honor of your boyfriend.

Toni was next as she took the jacket from Fp with a wide smile, Cheryl in the crowd cheering her on as her own jacket was placed on her shoulders. People cheered and celebrated as the three of you proudly wore the jackets.

The growing bump on your belly started to move around, making you smile as your hand instinctively placed itself on your stomach. "Pea, he's kicking," as those words left your mouth, Sweet Pea dropped the pool queue in his hand and placed his hand where yours was.

Tears formed in his eyes as he looked at you. "Fangs would be so proud of you," he whispered as he pulled you in for a hug. You placed your hand back on your stomach and smiled, letting Pea's words sink in. I really hope he's proud, I really hope.