2 First Meet

Part 2

Anjali called Guptas and proposed Khushi's hand for marriage. There are no words to describe Guptas happiness. They couldn't believe that they were not dreaming. What a great alliance. Anjali sent Arnav's photo to them. She wants Khushi to see her brother. Guptas were in cloud nine except one, "the Bride". She was crying like hell. She refused to see Arnav's pic.

Khushi (crying): I don't want to get married. I want to study.

Buaji: Arrey Snaka Devi... what are you going to do studying? Haan? Anyway you have to get married right? Then do it now itself.

Khushi: Amma, please don't do this to me. I won't go leaving you.

Garima: Khushi, please try to understand beta. I won't compel you if your babuji is alive. We can't get such a good alliance like this Khushi.

Khushi: But Amma....

Garima(cutting her): Don't you love me?

Khushi (hugged Garima crying): I love you so much Amma.

Garima: if you love me so much, agree for this marriage. Please Khushi.

Khushi(pouting): Ok fine... if this is the only way to prove my love for my mother then ok.

Saying she rushed to her room and locked it.

Garima looked at Buaji helplessly.

Buaji: Don't worry Garima. Don't we know her? She will be alright.

Garima nodded yes. They saw preeto coming. Garima told her the matter.

Preeto: leave it on me Aunty. I will take care of her.

Garima: Thank you beta.

Preeto knocked the door.... No response... She called Khushi, Still no response.

Preeto: I won't come to your marriage if you don't open the door.

Next minute Khushi opened the door and hugged her. Preeto went inside the room taking Khushi with her.

Preeto: What's the problem Khushi? Why are you upset?

Khushi: Mumma is arranging my marriage.

Preeto (pretending): Really? Why she is doing this to my friend? These parents are always like this. They think only about their problems. I agree, you lost your father, so what? Can't she make you study? Why not she do some job to make your wish come true? What if she suffers? Can't she suffer for your happiness? What if something happen to her? Does it matter?

Khushi was looking at her without blinking.

Khushi(making face): why are you talking like this Preeto?

Preeto(calmly): Am I saying anything wrong? Can't you see happiness in your mother's face? This is the best chance to make her happy Khushi. Just think about her. She struggled a lot after your father's demise. Still, do you want her to struggle in her life? She will be relieved if you get settled. And didn't you see Groom's sister and their family? How sweet they were? You will never get such a sweet sister-in-law and also a sweet family. That's why your mother wants this marriage to happen.

Khushi: But what about her brother then?

Preeto: Do you want to see him?

Khushi looked at her shockingly.

Khushi: Is he here?

She asked biting her nail nervously.

Preeto: Yes...