14 Lucky Angel

Part14

Khushi was cutting vegetables in the kitchen as she was helping HP in preparing her lunch box. Anjali hurried inside the kitchen.

Anjali: HP, did you finish cooking kheer? I have to offer it in today's pooja.

HP: Jee. Only garnishing is left.

Anjali kept a frying pan and poured ghee in it. She added cashew nuts and almond to fry. She put them in Kheer and mixed it well.

Anjali (looking at Khushi): Today Chotte has to finalize an important foreign deal. So I do pooja for his success.

Khushi: Ohh.

Anjali: Hope anything which Chotte sees will bring him good luck.

She left taking kheer bowl leaving thoughtful Khushi.

Khushi(with joining hands): Hey Devi Maiya, Please give the foreign deal to Arnavji. As Anjaliji said, please don't bring anything in front of him which can turn bad luck for him.

Khushi had been avoiding going to their room. What if her face would become Arnav's bad luck? Of course Khushi means crazy. She heard Arnav calling her as she was getting late to college.

Khushi(nervously): Hey Devi Maiya, what will I do now?

Her face brightened as her tiny brain gave her a crazy idea. Arnav got confused as she was covering her face with shawl.

Arnav: Khushi

Arnav: Khushi... Are you alright?

Khushi: I'm fine Arnavji.

She said facing her back to him.

Arnav: why are you covering your face?

Khushi: Anjaliji told me that you are going for an important deal today.

Arnav: Yes. so?

Khushi: What if my face will be your bad luck?

Arnav(rolled his eyes): I won't believe in "LUCK". I trust only myself.

Khushi: But I believe.

Arnav: Oh. That means, won't you see my face when you go to your exam?

Khushi: It's different Arnavji.

Arnav: How?

Khushi: Because I will go to my exam well prepared.

Arnav: As same as, I'm well prepared for my deal. Remove the veil.

Khushi: Arnavji, please. I will feel bad if you lose the deal.

Arnav : I don't care even if I lose the deal. Because I had lost many deals before too.(he lied.) And for your kind information, I know very well that I won't get this deal.