Chapter 29

That night was plagued with more unhelpful visions. Black and white images of Loki in chains, the prison cell, the long hallway to the throne. You saw him beat desperately on the glass of the cell, screaming in desperation. You couldn't tell if it was past or future. Couldn't tell if it was a maybe or a certainty. How could you do anything about it with these useless images. How could you stop this if it was the future? Stupid useless visions. How could you save him? There had to be a way.

More images came in your desperation. Mjolnir. A large man with a giant sword who didn't see you as you walked past. A beautiful apple.

Whispers and sneaking.

Tricks and lies.

Your hand drawing a blade down your own arm, whispering a prayer for help, desperation and tears in your voice as your blood flowed.

*

It was early the next morning when the team loaded back into the jet. You'd had a wonderful time, but everyone had obligations to get back to. Unfortunately, you were one of the things loaded into the jet. You were so exhausted from dreaming of visions all night that Loki had to carry you onto the jet. The group thought it was because of the sleeping pills and you didn't correct them. You didn't want to scare them with visions that you couldn't be sure were of things that were going to happen and not events in the past, or just your messed up brain making stuff up. There was only one way to be sure, and you weren't that desperate, yet.

"Are you alright, darling? Even the sleeping pills usually do not make you this groggy," Loki's voice was concerned.

[I'm fine. Pills don't wear off fast] you signed. He settled next to you and you laid your head on his shoulder. He pulled you protectively to him, wrapping a throw blanket around you.

"You are still healing," he acknowledged. "And that was a whirlwind of a trip." He must have reassured himself that you were really alright, because he kissed the top of your head and held you safely while you fell back to a doze, free of the influence of the sleeping pills.

"Brother, it's been nearly a month, we cannot stall any longer," Thor's voice was soft, but his booming tone still caught your attention. "You know you cannot run from this,"

"I know. I will not try to run. I know it is impossible. Just... please, stall a few more days... please, just a few more days. Please, Thor, please, give me that," Loki's voice was begging, downright begging, nearly the tone of a small child sobbing for his older brother's help. "Thor, brother, please just a few more days let make sure she's ok, to make sure she will be ok," you heard the words he didn't say: 'without me'.

Your eyes snapped open and you looked between the two Asgardians. They both noticed your quick movement, the angry accusing look in your eyes. [What's going on?] you demanded.

"Nothing to worry about, darling. There's just something to take care of back home," Loki told you, his voice soft and kind now. His silver tongue at work to reassure you. Or was it the conversation with Thor that was the work of his silver tongue? You could usually tell, usually hear his truths. Your mind and senses had been too brutalized over the last year that you couldn't be sure and didn't trust yourself enough to know. You only had one option and that was the trust the god of mischief, chaos, and lies. You had to trust Loki, trust that he wouldn't hurt you.

[Promise?]

"Yes, love. We've just been putting off this trip home until we found you and made sure you were alright and healing," Loki replied with a reassuring smile in his tone. He kissed the top of your head. "It should hopefully just be a few days,"