Chapter 41

You were standing between Thor and Loki down the hall of the helicarrier while they argued over how you were getting back to the tower. You still held Lokibear to your chest, watching the brothers argue. Thor didn't want to believe that you and Loki would actually teleport there and he refused to teleport too.

"If you three think you are sneaking off my boat before you tell me what the fuck is going on, you are sorely mistaken," Fury's voice came from down the hall. Both of the boys moved at the same time to stand in front of you, to defend you against the threat. Loki's armor shimmered back into place at the same moment.

"Fury, this is an Asgardian matter. Let us deal with it," Thor told him, taking another step forward to be the first to defend Loki and you. Loki moved his arm, pushing you further behind him.

"Your brother and his wife brought Asgardian troubles onto my boat. I need to know why," Fury replied. You peeked around Loki to see what was happening. "All she told me was that we needed to perform the procedure to stop a war with Asgard. How serious was her threat?"

Thor sighed. "Dear little sister, how have you managed to upset everyone you know in your plot to escape Father?" Thor asked you, turning to look at you. You flushed and hid behind Loki again, wrapping your fingers in Loki's cape.

"It's alright, darling," Loki told you gently. "Thor's joking. He knows what the stakes were for our escape. Brother, let us get this conference with the Director over quickly. My lady need proper rest after whatever they did to remove her powers." Loki knew you were more distraught than you normally would be. You'd been strong for so long, so scared of getting caught, of losing Loki, or dying, or being electrocuted. You just wanted to rest.

"Very well. Fury?" Thor asked, gesturing for Fury to lead you all to wherever he wanted to have this conference. Fury glared, he didn't trust any of the three of you.

"What's to say they won't disappear?" Fury demanded, glaring at you and Loki.

"You have my word. Now let us get on with this. There is much to do before Odin sends someone else to find Lady Y/N," Thor said sourly.

"This way," Fury finally said. You let go of Loki's cape and wrapped your arms around one of his. You were exhausted after the excitement and procedure.

"Love, let me help you," Loki bid you when you stumbled into him. You nodded and he swept you effortlessly up into his arms. You leaned up to kiss his cheek. "You're welcome and I love you too," you wrapped an arm around his neck, the other cradling your stupid security teddy bear, and smiled as you laid your head on his shoulder. Fury led you to an office near the bridge. There were only two chairs in front of the desk. Loki sat in one and settled you safely in his lap. Thor took the other without a word. Fury sat behind the desk.

"Explain," the order was one word from Fury. You curled yourself more comfortably in Loki's arms. "Drop the cute innocent act, Siren. I know you're as much to blame for all this crap as anyone,"

You shrugged. [You're not wrong. But I just had surgery. With no recovery time. Let the boys tell you what's going on] you were getting grumpy with exhaustion. Loki kissed your forehead.

"Rest, darling. Thor and I can handle talking to the boring mortal," Loki told you softly. You nodded and closed your eyes, settling more comfortably in the safety of Loki's arms.

"Isn't a lot of this story yours?" Fury demanded.

[I don't need to look at you to talk]

And so you and the boys told Fury everything from the moment Loki and Thor returned to Asgard. It took awhile and the boys did most of the talking. Loki knew the whole story from you anyway, so you could doze in his arms, confirm a few details, and Fury got the story.