CHAPTER 2: What's My Name Again?!?

ANNA

My best friends Giselle and Kavina have always been there for me since we met in the seventh grade. We practically have even become a lot like sisters.

I have recently moved in with them to try and get away from my crazy ex-boyfriend who they did try and warn me about.

This arrangement of course is only until I can get back on my feet again and find my own place.

I have been living here for the past couple of weeks and have had no such luck in finding a job, but in trade for rent, I do things around the house, even though they swear we should split up the chore list and then I do their hair and makeup whenever.

They both have boyfriends too that are a year or two older than us but they're really nice and whenever they invite me to hang out, they've never made me feel like a fifth wheel or anything.

Rockwell and Giselle have been dating since Sophomore year in high school while Kavina and Elliot have been dating since Freshman year.

I love how they look at each other. Always with such love and passion and at times lust. I hope to find someone that would want me someday and look at me like that. 

Anyways, today I was looking online trying to apply to places when I hear Giselle and Kavina screaming with excitement as they come running up the stairs to our condo and burst through the door and run right up to me.

"Oh my god guess what?!" Giselle asks me.

"Wait for me. Don't tell her yet!" I hear Kavina come running in breathless.

Kavina and I are curvy and of course, Giselle is thin but damn can she fight and eat.

"Hurry your ass up!" Giselle yells back.

"Okay. I'm here. You can tell her now." Kavina says as she sits to try and catch her breath.

"My god will one of you tell me what the big excitement is about?!" I ask them.

"So, Elliot got an invitation a couple weeks ago from his cousin, Landon who happens to live in England and we all were invited to a HUGE masquerade ball that his aunt and uncle throw for years and years and we haven't been able to go cause of school and shit but we can go now!" She says in excitement. "Isn't that great?!"

"That's awesome! When do you guys go?" I ask them.

"What? Girl you're coming too!" She says.

"What?! No. I can't. I can't afford that." I tell them.

"Who said you were paying?" Kavina asks.

"There's no way I'm having you guys pay for me." I tell her.

"Well yes we are and you are going. Come on. It'll just be for a few weeks." Giselle says.

"A few weeks? Oh my gosh that's a definite no then." I laugh.

"Okay we can either do this the easy way or the hard way. Either way, you ARE going." They both look at me with their arms crossed across their chest.

I quickly realize I can't fight them on this one. Then I begin remembering the things I have seen them capable of doing.

"Fine. But I don't have a ball gown or whatever." I tell them.

"Oh don't worry. Girl we don't wear those. Besides, we need to get masks anyways because we're leaving tonight and then going to the ball tomorrow." Kavina says as she grabs my hand and both her and Giselle start pulling me along out to their car and we head to some costume store that had really nice masks actually and that didn't look like something you would wear at a Mardi Gras neither.

We ended up getting a couple black masks for their guys and we all hurried back and packed our stuff and then met the guys at the boarding gate to our plane, which happened to be First Class.

It was amazing and never thought I would see the day when I would ride in First Class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Next Day

We had arrived late last night and slept throughout most of the day so we misses meeting up with his cousin earlier today in which I would have liked to have met him to thank him for letting me come.

That's Giselle's dress with her hair down and curly!

That's Kavina's dress with her hair straight!

That's my dress only a midnight blue shade with my hair in a high curly pony tail!

The guys all wore dark slacks and a nice buttoned up shirt. Then we had our masks.

I was nervous as I looked at all the people going inside and suddenly saw some that we dressed like us but others were dressed nicer and in actual ball gowns. But they seemed to be older.

The place was huge and beautiful and Kavina laughed as well as as they looked at me admiring in amazement the size of the mansion.

I next noticed while walking inside that people were staring at me and it started making me feel a little more nervous and uncomfortable as they weren't looking at Giselle and them the same way.

Maybe it was because I was new and none of them knew who I was although they seemed to know Giselle and them very well, which of course made sense.

We start making our way through the crowd of people as they introduced me to people. Then a deep husky voice that greets Elliot and gives him a bro hug, says hi and after saying hi to everyone, mine and his eyes lock with each others just as I hear Kavina start to introduce us.

Damn, I may not know what he looks like entirely, but damn, just by how fitting his clothes are and his chiseled distinct jaw line as well as the few tattoos I noticed on his neck and his hands.

"I'm Landon." I hear him say.

That was the moment for the first time in my life that it took me a moment to even remember my name.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)