CHAPTER 27: What Am I Gonna Do?!

ANNA

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" I ask him in disbelief and feeling terrified at the same time.

"Just like any other kind of villain, he knows his weakness." He says while looking over at Landon.

"But I still don't understand. What good would sacrificing do? What benefit would they get from that rather than out of trying to torture me or even just killing me."

I can feel Landon start to tense up.

"I overheard him talking with his right hand man that because you are human, marked or not, you'll never have your full strength or abilities, even your mate's right away and with that it gives him enough to try and make you like him enough to try and make you like me and the rest of his pack." He explains.

"Holy fuck!" I say under my breath.

"He also thought it'd be easier to have you come if I tried to convince you. But I've told him I wouldn't and even though I was able to escape from him trying to kill me and although he might even succeed, I couldn't let that happen without at least telling you both." He finishes.

We all sit there and share a moment of silence before any of us said anything.

This couldn't have been happening. Even Landon isn't sure in when I am gonna shift. Besides, he already explained that the mate bond and his abilities he'd give me in full effect won't be until after I shifted and then marked him. Friday was not that far away. I next look at Landon and then back at Arlen.

"Thank you for telling us." I begin.

"You're welcome." He says.

"I'm not finished." I hold up my hand and stop him explaining everything that happened not that long ago with us, that doesn't still excuse what you said and did back then.

As far as the forgiving part, I already had made amends with everything when I found out I had found someone that turned out to be my soul mate." I say the last part as I smile at Landon while he returns the smile.

"I can see that and truly I am happy you did. You deserve happiness." He tells me.

We share another moment of awkward silence before he stands up as does me and Landon.

"Yeah, I just wanted to come by and say all that I did." He says.

"Well, why don't you come by the house and maybe have some dinner with us tomorrow." I suggest.

"Fuck no!" He says out loud.

"Landon, listen..." I tried to start telling him but he stopped me.

"I'm gonna leave." We hear Arlen state and before I can tell him to wait, we see him walk out the door.

I then look at Landon who looks furious at me.

"Do you not trust me?" I ask him.

"You know damn well that's not the reason." He tells me.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Of course I am! My god Anna, I know you couldn't be this dumb." He says.

"Dumb? Are you fucking kidding me?" I snap at him. "I was only trying to mention in using him to try and get information."

"No! He's not staying at MY house and that's final!" He says.

"You're house?! I thought it was mine as well?!" I ask him with my arms crossed over my chest.

"It is. But I do NOT want YOUR ex and OUR enemy to be staying in the same damn place." He tells me.

"But he could help us. He knows all of Rivers' plans. I'm sure he can tell us more things." I try and convince him.

"I'm sorry, I am telling you no!" He yells with his eyes changing color that it changes whenever he's pissed off.

"Trust me please." I begin to plead.

"For the last time, it isn't that! What you're asking is not right or fair. But I'll tell you what, if you want, you can both can stay here together and do whatever you want! CLEARLY you have already made your mind up and don't give a shit about how I feel!" He fires back back at me.

"No, I do care. Stop acting like a child and listen to me. I'm asking you because I love you, we're partners, mares, a team for fuck sake! Your opinion matters. But I just want you to see the plus side to having him tell us things." I try to explain but he's too far gone in while holding his face anger and he removes my hands.

"I'm not doing this." He says. "Call me when you realize what it means to be a mate, let alone on Alpha's Luna!" He snaps at me while grabbing his car keys and leaving his credit on the inn table by the bed.

"Don't leave." I start to cry. "Please, it was a stupid idea, I'm sorry." I start to say but he's already at the door and opens it up and slams it shut without even looking back.

What just happened?! I really didn't mean to upset him. I wasn't gonna suggest he stays in our suite or anything. But I guess on the other hand, I can understand why he was upset and took it the way he did. Fuck! Why do I have to fuck things up?! He deserves better. I'm the WORST mate ever!

Next chapter posted soon! :)