Chapter 4: Capture & Escape

"Hi. Officer Burwell? It's Hank. Hank Stamper. Listen. I caught myself a couple of fugitives and a runaway you might be interested in." I hear the old man say as I start to come to. Oh shit! Fuck! I thought in fear as I look over to my side and see Sean next to me. Shit, shit, shit! I thought as I look around. How the fuck are we gonna get outta here?! "Oh, they ain't going anywhere, don't you worry. Okay, fine. Thank you." He said as Sean regains consciousness.

"Sean..." I whispered and he looks over at me then gasped as he looks around in a panic. "Shhh...shhh..." I whispered, trying to keep him calm. "They're just outside the door." I whispered then he looks down and finds that he and I were bound to a pipe by cable ties. "Oh shit." He cries out, softly. "I know, I know." I said. "Where's Daniel?" He asked me. "I wish I knew, Sean." I said while I hear the old man, Hank I think him heard him say, talk to the woman in the store.

"The police'll get those two straightened out and take the girl back." Hank said. "Are you sure about this, Hank? I don't know..." the woman replied as Sean and I get up to try and pry the ties off our wrists, but it was useless. "Then they'll be off our property and won't be our problem no more." Hank said to her. "If you say so, then...Well...I'll let you deal with it..." the woman said and I hear her leave while Hank enters the room to see Sean and I awake.

"Oh...Hey there. You two finally awake?" He asked as he holds up mine and Sean's backpacks and tosses them to the side. "Sorry I had to secure you two..." Hank said as he slowly grabs a chair and sits in front of us. "But if you're innocent, don't act guilty..." he said then he looks us over. "How's your stomach, boy? And how's your face, girlie?" He asked.

"We're gonna tell the police you kidnapped us." Sean growled at him. "Nice try...But I know who you are and what you did in Seattle. I saw it in the paper. Maybe I should call ICE to make sure you're a citizen..." Hank said as he gets up from the chair. "Fuck you, hillbilly. I'm American." Sean said then Hank goes over to Sean and kicks him in the face, bruising the right side of his face and giving him a nose bleed. "Sean!" I exclaimed, in fear, then I glare at Hank. "You bastard!" I yelled.

"Watch it, punk!" Hank yelled then he kicks me in the face as well. "(Y/n)!" Sean shouts as I groan in pain. "Oh God." Sean said in a panic as I glare up at Hank. "You're going to jail for this." I growled at him. "Pretty sure the local police will vouch for me over some...thugs like you and your boyfriend." Hank said. If I could, I would tackle this man.

"Where's my brother?" Sean asked him. "Wish I knew...Little shit took off...I'll find him. Don't worry." Hank said. "If you touch him..." I said, fiercely. I've only know these two for almost a day and I already want to do everything to protect them. "You think I'd hurt a little boy?" Hank asked. I glare at him as he looks over at Sean. "I guess you didn't have any second thoughts about leading him out into the middle of nowhere, though. That's real safe for a little kid...If he's lucky, he won't end up like his criminal big brother." Hank said as he walks over to the door.

"Just let us go...Please..." Sean begs as Hank opens the door and glares at him. "You're the reason we need to build that wall...You hold tight. I'm gonna go get your brother." He said and he walks out of the room and shuts the door.

"Racists bastard!" I scream out after him as I jerked my hands but the ties didn't break. I let out a sigh as I look over at Sean. "You okay?" I asked him with worry. "Will be better when we get out of here." He replied. "Yeah..." I said as the lights go out and we were in the dark, all we could see was some outlines of objects. "Well, shit." I muttered and I could just make out Sean looking around the room before he spots something. 

"Wonder if we could get more light from it..." he said then he stretches his leg just far enough to nudge over an object. Then the computer awakens from sleep mode, revealing a picture of a happy older figure leading along two children. "That's a little better." I said with relief. I look around then up to see a shelf above us, I lean back and raise my leg towards it but my leg was too short. "Here, I think I got it." Sean said and he leans on his back then kicks his leg up enough to knock over a wall-mounted shelf, which caused a wooden bear and a few papers to fall.