Chapter 14: Late Night Swim

*Honk Honk Honk*

I flinched at the sound, my eyes twitching, then I turn over to my left side and began curl up to something warm and solid. I smiled as I snuggled to it closer and felt something wrap around me.

"Sean! (Y/n)!"

I heard voices shout as I slowly come to consciousness.

"Guys! Come on!"

"Sean! (Y/n)!"

My eyes open and look around to see that I had cuddled up to Sean, who had his arms around me and his head was lean against mine. I gasped as I start to sit up then turn to Sean just as I hear a voice shout. "Sean and (y/n), move it, now!"

"Sean! Wake up!" I said as I shake him awake. "Huh? What?" Sean mumbles then he noticed that he had his arms around me. "Oh, uh..." Sean mutters, embarrassed, but I said. "We over slept! We gotta go!"

"Oh, Fuck me...No..." Sean said as we rush to get dressed and run to the truck. Everyone was already aboard, chanting our names. "Sean! (Y/n)! Sean! (Y/n)! Sean! (Y/n)!" We run up and jump on the edge of the truck and sit down. Everyone cheers at us and Sean and I look at each other and laugh as the truck takes off towards the farm. 

After a full day of working, Sean, Daniel, Cassidy, Finn, Jake and I were sitting by Merrill's building, waiting to be called in to tell us about our pay. "Okay...this is boring...so...everybody, tell me how you're gonna blow your next payday!" Cassidy said as she looks around at all of us. "The usual. Save it til the next one." Sean replied. "Yeah, same here." I said. "Well, ain't we all stingy now! How about a keg offering for your family, or....Or some hookers or cocaine?" She asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, please....there's a child here..." Jake said as he gestured over to Daniel. "I think he's heard worse...besides he's our mascot now!" Cassidy said. "I wanna buy a bacon burger and a pepperoni pizza! Then a box of Choc-O-Crisp and...and a red slushie!" Daniel said, excitedly. "Oh hell yes! Screw the hookers, bring on the Choc-O-Crisp!" Finn said and I laugh. "You're speaking my language." I chuckle as Cassidy scoffs at us.

"Come on, guys! You gotta treat yourself after all this hard work." Cassidy said.
"Okay, it's silly...but...I really do need another pair of socks. I wash mine overnight, but they're not always dry the next morning..." Sean said. "He's got cold feet!" Finn chuckles. "What about you (y/n)?" Cassidy asked me and I shrug. "I don't know....maybe new clothes...or a toothbrush and toothpaste..." I said and Cassidy looks around at us, disappointed.

"So, that's it, huh? You bust your ass all week for nothing..." She grumbles. "Some of us just got simple needs, princess." Finn said to her. "Yeah, like your beach house in Costa Rica?" She sneered and he just scoffs at her when the door opens and Ingrid and Anders walk out. They give us a smile and thumbs up as they leave.

"Okay, let's get this over with. Finn, Cassidy, Sean, (y/n) and uh...you." Merrill said. "Jake. J-Jacob." Jake corrects him as him, Cassidy and Finn walk in while Sean stands up and helps me to my feet. We start to walk in but Daniel started to follow us.
"Daniel...dude...do you have to do this every week?" Sean asked him, annoyed, as he stops him from going in. "Adults only!" 

"Oh, whatever! I work too!" Daniel exclaims.
"Yes, we know. But we have to keep a low profile, got it? For the millionth time...just...wait here for a few minutes and do nothing. Nothing." Sean said to Daniel, firmly. "I won't, swear." Daniel said, annoyed. "Okay, we'll be right back." I said and Sean and I walk in the building, Sean shuts the door behind us. "For once you're all on time. Let's see who wins that Farm lotto...Jacob, right?" Merrill said as he looks over at Jake. "I thought you wouldn't last a day, but you cleaned up. You're all right."
"Thank you. Thanks..." Jake said, appreciatevly.